+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Jernigan gets 9 snaps

JJ gets the least amount of snaps of all WR. The only one not to catch a ball I think. No kick off return no punt returns They maybe cutting him. We have Hicks Cruz Hixon Randle Barden and seemingly Douglas. Hard to argue with that. JJ had a pretty good camp but never got snaps with Eli in a game. Kind of puzzling?

they are not cutting a 2nd year 3rd round pick, he will prob start and play almost the whole 4th preseason game

I agree he should not be given up on. The lack of any time with the ones after a good camp says something. He got 9 snaps with the second team! Every other WR had more snaps. Like I said puzzling.

If Barden gets around 4 years to show something, I'm sure they will give Jernigan the same treatment.

Cutting Jernigan wouldn't be that big of a deal, he's not going to become a #1 receiver anyway, he's a 3rd wideout at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    JJ gets the least amount of snaps of all WR. The only one not to catch a ball I think. No kick off return no punt returns They maybe cutting him. We have Hicks Cruz Hixon Randle Barden and seemingly Douglas. Hard to argue with that. JJ had a pretty good camp but never got snaps with Eli in a game. Kind of puzzling?
    I think he's safe and they wanted to get more looks at Barden (Who I felt was on the bubble before tonight), Randle, David Douglas, Depalma etc...

*Also Jernigan got first team snaps in the first preseason game. He had two targets and no completions but one was a bad throw and the other was PI (no call) in the end zone.

Jernigan is the new Sinorice Moss. A small fast wr Eli never looks at.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Jernigan is the new Sinorice Moss. A small fast wr Eli never looks at.
    This is not true. Eli targets Jernigan almost every time he got snaps with him...including last year in the Jets game with Darrelle Revis covering him.

I'm not looking at the talent or production but just how the Giants tend to handle draft picks. It took them forever to cut Moss and one could easily argue that Barden has overstayed his welcome (good game tonight though). Giants are one of the more patient teams in the NFL with their drafted players.

Jerrigan had 2 catches last week and played a lot of snaps....it just varys from week to week depending on who they want to look at.The practice I was at in Albany...last practice there....Jerrigan caught like 6-7 balls...one would have been a long touchdown....they were all with the first unit........In fact that day only Cruz and Jerrigan were catching anything at all.
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"