+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Speculation: Who gets cut who makes the team?

This is all strictly my opinion, nothing personal.

OFFENSE:

Guys most likely getting cut first:

Perrilloux, Martinek, Collins, DePalma, Talley, Donnell, Hopkins, Purvis, Capers, Goodin, Reinders,

Guys on the bubble of getting cut:

Scott, Ware, Brown, Stanback, McCants, Moseley, White,

URFA who should make the team:

Douglas

DEFENSE:

Guys most likely getting cut first:

Powell, Wilson, Muasau, Brown, Hughes, Nicolas, L. Scott,

Guys on the bubble of getting cut:

Broha, Jones, Kuhn, Bing, Johnson, Molden,

URFA who should make the team:

OJOMO and will Hill

Guys that I can't put my head around which to keep:

Marshall vs Tracy, both are good but we can't keep a million defensive ends and Ojomo seems more talented than both. I personally like Marshall better, more hustle, but when healthy Tracy kind of looked like a pure speed rusher off the edge. Perhaps Marshall beats him because he is a better all around end.

Anyone else I didn't mention I think makes the team. They are not cutting Barden or Jernigan. Douglas just made the team on ST alone aside from the fact he can play on offense and Barden showed a new dimension today. They are just not cutting Jernigan. Coe and Tryon make the team as corners based on veteran reliability, they are adequate dbs.

Practice Squad, assuming any of these players get cut:

Perrilloux, Scott or Brown, DePalma (ST), one of McCants or Moseley or both, Jones, Broha, One of Tracy or Marshall, whoever is eligible. Martinek, Kuhn
    Last edited by BROADWAYSTORM; 08-25-2012 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Adding

I don't think Ojomo is going to make the team. He's making plays but late in games against 3rd and 4th string defenses. I think he'll get put on the practice squad for sure though...IMO

The Giants have so much talent making the 53 is going to be tough even for the guys who have impressed in camp and preseason.

What do you guys think?

Guys making the team:

Special Teams:

Tynes, Weatherford, DeOzzie

Total: 3

Offense:

Manning, Carr, Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware (unfortunately), Hynoski, Cruz, Nicks, Randle, Hixon, Barden, Jernigan, Douglas, Beatty, Diehl, Locklear, Brewer, Snee, Boothe, Petrus, Baas, Cordle, Robinson, Bennett, Pascoe

Total: 25 + one more running back between Brown and Scott

Defense:

Tuck, Osi, Kiwi, JPP, Ojomo, Hendricks, Joseph, Bernard, Canty, Herzlich, Rivers, Blackburn, Paysinger, Williams, Boley, Prince, Webster, T2 , Coe, Hosley, Tryon, Phillips, Rolle, Sash, Hill

total 24 + one out of tracy and marshall, one out of Kuhn and Marcus Thomas, Bruce Johnson

Still a question mark due to injury concerns: Rodgers and T2 and Austin

Boy we are gonna have to lose some really good players all over the roster. Damn.

Some of these guys will be on IR eligible to return later in the year as well as the PUP.
    Last edited by BROADWAYSTORM; 08-25-2012 at 02:18 AM.

Kuhn is making the team. He basically played the entire game tonight with the starters and backups.

I had Hill, Ojomo and Douglas making the team because you cannot hide their talent on the practice squad. They will probably be inactives all season long although right now I would say Douglas won the punt returning Job and Hill is the third safety. Ojomo definitely still raw but boy does he have all the talent in the universe as a pass rusher.
    Last edited by BROADWAYSTORM; 08-25-2012 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    Kuhn is making the team. He basically played the entire game tonight with the starters and backups.
    I think Kuhn can survive the PS plus there is some rule about international players not counting against the PS quota which makes him a lock.

BTW it seems we have more talent at LB than we've had since the 80's to go along with a ridiculous D-line.

For now, the players just need to make a cut down to 75 players. I'm sure a lot of the favorite backup players disccussed on these boards will make that cut. The cut to the 53-man roster isn't until after the final preseason game against the Patriots. That's usually when the picking gets harder. I think Coughlin may put the backups in full-game against the Pats like last preseason and rest the starters or give them one drive. The final preseason game is only 5 days away.

I know which is why I made the preliminary list of who is definetaly getting cut in the first wave in my opinion.

Some bigger names in danger are Austin, jernigan, Barden, Brewer, Ware, Scott and Brown....

With out taking injuries into account, when its all said and done I see our best 53 as follows:
    QB-Eli, Carr
    RB- Ab, Wilson, Ware
    FB- Hynoski
    TE- Bennett, Pascoe, Robinson
    WR- Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Hixon, Barden, Douglas, Jernigan
    OL- Beatty, Boothe, Bass, Snee, Diehl, Locklear, Petrus, Mosely

DE- Jpp, Tuck, Osi, Tracey
    DT- Canty, Joseph, Bernard, Kuhn, Austin
    LB- Boley, Blackburn, Kiwi, Rivers, Jwill, Herz, Jones, Paysinger
    CB- Webster, TT, Amuk, Hosley, Coe
    S- Rolle, Phillips, Hill, Sash

ST-Tynes, Weatherford, Deossie

When you factor in all the injuries to the Dline and secondary (Sash suspension) it makes imo Jernigan and Barden the most vulnerable
    Last edited by juice33s; 08-25-2012 at 03:29 AM.