+ Reply to Thread

Question Barden or Hixon? Great to have both guys as #4 / #5 options

I love Hixon the guy is a damn trooper.....God is good and Hixon knows it. He's a true testament to that.

Hixon is an phenomenal #4 / #5.

Barden impressed me very much tonight. He flat out dominated out the Bears starters...looked like Plax lol seriously.

I like Barden ahead of Hixon just feel bad for Dom if he becomes primarily a punt return guy.
    Last edited by NYG4lifeNYK; 08-25-2012 at 02:10 PM.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

I feel Barden... all be it while very little we have seen him shine, has more upside as a receiver than Hixon. Hixon is one of my favorite Giants though, he's such a good genuine guy and he's persevered and overcome so much.

He's also a very underrated receiver. Imagine what Hixon could do lined up with Nicks and Cruz.

Hixon was "thrown into the fire" and forced to become our #1 that season when we were decimated by injuries to our receiving corps.(believe it was '08?)
    Hixon didn't do too bad being surrounded by scrubs and asked to be THE guy. He had a bunch of big drops but it wasn't fair on him.

Hixon would be a very good #3 but an even better 4th or 5th option.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

Dominated "a" starter on inside routes. Still to soft to win on the outside. A 6'6" slot receiver with no YAC ability isnt that valuable of a weapon

Early in Manning's career struggles, it looked like he could only hit a reciever who was over 6"2". More recently, he's finding everyone they put out there. So Barden's impressive height isn't as big a factor now, as when they were first touting him.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Dominated "a" starter on inside routes. Still to soft to win on the outside. A 6'6" slot receiver with no YAC ability isnt that valuable of a weapon
    Tillman had to hold Barden to stop him on the fade to the end zone. I'm not ready to write him off as an outside player

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    That little inside move only to break it outside when he made him Tillman look so silly he had to hold him.

We haven't seen what Barden can do because he's never been healthy. He's worked his butt off and this is the season he breaks out.

Barden looks like he has very good hands.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?