+ Reply to Thread

Russell Wilson and the NFL Rookie QB's "Video Included"

Not sure how much anyone pays attention to the rest of the NFL but I have been blown away by Russell Wilson this Preseason. This kid looks like he is still playing in the Big 10. Russell Wilsons pure QB skill is through the roof and had he been 6'2" He is without a doubt being picked before Robert Griffin. Wilson is only 5'10 but with a high release point and rifle for an arm U dont notice it. All U see is complete and total control of an Offense. Ive watched the first 2 of his games and Im planning on watching the 3rd later today. So far this preseason 2 rookie QB's look well beyond the rest 1 is Andrew Luck and the other is Russell Wilson. I loved Wilson coming out of the draft but I was skeptical that his accuracy would suffer some in the NFL like the other 99% of QB's under or at 6'0 do.
    It hasnt and I have seen no evidence that it will be anything different then what we saw in the ACC / Big 10 . Heres 2 Videos from my Youtube NFL Page if u like check out some other of the QB's and compare

Andrew Luck

Ryan Tannehill

Brandon Weeden

Nick Foles

2nd year QB's

Gabbert

Locker

Mallett

I was pretty surprised most weren't as high on Foles as i was.. I loved the size and arm of course, but most didn't seem to notice the fact he made all the throws and would of been alot better if he had a better all around team. I loved him and Juron Criner, and both are making huge imprints this preseason..
    Criner just had a 2catch 115yr 2td game tonight! U and I had been talking about Russell Wilson since he was with the wolfpack, and i never had been so sure of a guy that small before.. He is what Troy Smith could of been, had Smith been a better passer..

Another guy i loved as a sleeper which u know is Chandler Harnish.. Hes also looked great, and if there was any chance i could see a video of his stuff in the preseason, i'd be amped!

Not that enamored with Foles. How many of those completions were over 6 yards in the air?

Andrew Luck is the cream of the crop. You want to see excellent QB play, tune into those videos. I love this kid, he is one HELL of a QB. I look forward to watching all his games this year, especially on the coaches film.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Andrew Luck is the cream of the crop. You want to see excellent QB play, tune into those videos. I love this kid, he is one HELL of a QB. I look forward to watching all his games this year, especially on the coaches film.
    From what ive seen Luck and Wilson are light years ahead of the other rookies in adjustment to the speed of the game. Foles I wasnt a big fan of in College and while his numbers look good its mostly because of the skill position players of the eagles. To his credit he has gotten the ball into their hands. 1 thing about the Eagles and Reids O I have never seen a QB not be successful in it. How many QB's have that traded away and just were awful everywhere else.Griffin has been sheltered and babied. I dont know how far along he is really. I personally believe the Skins are forcing the issue with him and Grossman is in fact the better QB right now.