+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Is Hixon in jeopardy of being cut?

I haven't seen a thing from him at all this preseason. He's not been part of the return game either, which was his biggest asset. I wonder if those knee injuries have begun to take a toll on his quickness. He's an upstanding guy, but he just doesn't look the same. They are going to have to release at least two receivers and he could very well be one of them. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by I Bleed Blue View Post
    I haven't seen a thing from him at all this preseason. He's not been part of the return game either, which was his biggest asset. I wonder if those knee injuries have begun to take a toll on his quickness. He's an upstanding guy, but he just doesn't look the same. They are going to have to release at least two receivers and he could very well be one of them. Any thoughts?
    I have to admit I have pondered exactly what you are saying...but my other thoughts are....Does the coaching staff already know what Hixon can do as a returner and are just looking at other possibilities
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

I see Hicks, Cruz, Randle, the for sures. Douglas I believe is in. Barden ? Jernigan? Hixon? Do we keep 7? With as little interest they have is using JJ it will be an interesting call. Stanback is still in the mix also I think. One or 2 of the above names are hitting the road to other teams.
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 08-25-2012 at 11:29 AM.

I think because of his experience and knowledge of the playbook that Hixon is a lock. He is a great insurance policy should there be an injury. I am not so sure that Douglas is in, even though he had a good camp. I don't see them giving up on JJ yet and Barden may haves saved himself last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    I see Hicks, Cruz, Randle, the for sures. Douglas I believe is in. Barden ? Jernigan? Hixon? Do we keep 7? With as little interest they have is using JJ it will be an interesting call. Stanback is still in the mix also I think. One or 2 of the above names are hitting the road to other teams.
    I think they only keep 6:Nicks, Cruz Randle for sure I think it will likely be Barden, Jerrnigan and Hixon rounding out the six with Douglas on the PS. Though it wouldn't surprise me to see Douglas make it, he has performed well.

Just finished watching last night's game on dvr and was wondering the exact same thing.

His best value was on ST...always has been. I assume they're just trying to keep him out of harms way in the preseason, but eventually, that's where he's gonna have to earn his paycheck IMO. Haven't seen a whole lot out of him as a receiver since he's made it back. Maybe he lost a step or two or just needs to round back into shape. Who knows?

What I do know is that Douglas is as sure-handed a returner and has more upside at WR. This really puts a dent in Hixon's value.

Don't get me wrong - I love the guy, admire him for persevering, and want him to be on the team. But he may just be a really painful cut that the coaching staff ultimately has to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    his name is NIcks

and ...."Douglas I believe is in.." ????

are you being serious?

do you have any idea how highly this ownership and coaching staff thinks of Domenik Hixon?

I do......and he will never be released in favor of Douglas, Barden, or any of those other names if he remains healthy

Quote Originally Posted by SackingMyths View Post
    Just finished watching last night's game on dvr and was wondering the exact same thing.

His best value was on ST...always has been. I assume they're just trying to keep him out of harms way in the preseason, but eventually, that's where he's gonna have to earn his paycheck IMO. Haven't seen a whole lot out of him as a receiver since he's made it back. Maybe he lost a step or two or just needs to round back into shape. Who knows?

What I do know is that Douglas is as sure-handed a returner and has more upside at WR. This really puts a dent in Hixon's value.

Don't get me wrong - I love the guy, admire him for persevering, and want him to be on the team. But he may just be a really painful cut that the coaching staff ultimately has to make.
    You took the words right out of my mouth. I agree totally, but I just get a bad feeling about him making the roster. You have to make plays, regardless of ones knowledge of the playbook. He's been out there as a receiver and I don't see him being as talented as the other receivers who are fighting for a spot. Isaiah Stanback has shown more, which is why I'm worried about him being cut. I like Hixon a lot, but let's see what happens between now and next Friday.

Hixon is as versatile a player as you can hope for. He can be a gunner on ST' h, e's still the only proven return man we've had in the recent past and, if as I suspect, Wilson becomes the second half of the RB tandem he won't be fielding punts or kickoffs on a regular basis. He also runs great routes and is where he's supposed to be on the field. I would expect him to make the team again.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

If I had to make a decision based on emotion, I would keep Hixon 100%
    But this is BUSINESS, Hixon has had 2 major injury to the same knee, he's past his prime, he's a nice player, but has reached his ceiling already.
    I would keep Douglas instead and only if it is between Hixon and Douglas, otherwise Hixon gets in over any other backup wideouts.