+ Reply to Thread

When Boley comes back what are they going to do with Rivers?

Seems like Rivers is playing to well to ignore, and then there is Williams who has plenty of tallent as well. Do they move rivers to the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Seems like Rivers is playing to well to ignore, and then there is Williams who has plenty of tallent as well. Do they move rivers to the middle?
    I think its a good problem to have, and you just never know with injuries. I like what Rivers has shown so far for us. Who knows how long the hammy issues lingers with Boley.

I know there was some talk earlier in camp about Boley or Rivers getting some PT at the mike. But Blackburn and Herzlich seem to be holding down that spot so far. I think they could use Rivers, Boley and JWill in some packages this season when Boley comes back healthy. Maybe when the Giants move Kiwi up to the DE position in the Nascar package, they could use JWill as a S/LB hybrid that Grant occupied last season, while Rivers and Boley play the LB spots?
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Why would they do anything with Rivers? Not like he won't get snaps.

Fewell will gladly figure out how to use two veteran talents
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80