+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: David Douglas

David Douglas

This guy is a football player. He is one of the 53 best players on this team. Regardless of the numbers at receiver, and whether or not we keep 6 or 7, David Douglas is a guy you don't cut. Punt returns, coverage teams, slot receiver etc. The fact that he wasn't drafted hopefully doesn't enter into this so much that the front office becomes blind.
    He catches well.
    With seemingly little effort, he just runs away from people.
    Anybody else on board with this-or am I deluding myself.

It's funny (ironic, not haha) that being a Giant fan for over 50 years, receiver was historically the weakest position on the team (no pro bowl receiver between 1968, Homer Jones, and Steve Smith a few years ago), now we are going to have to cut guys who can play.

Btw-Nicks and Cruz are the best tandem of wide outs since Shofner and Gifford. And in todays pass friendly league, will dwarf their statistics.

Having been a fan since the early 60's have to agree that the wealth at Wr is unusual. Given that I'm not sure who you give up to keep here, is it one of the Wrs or is it one of the RBs. They usually carry 6 Wrs. I think he's a practice squad guy.

Yup, Douglas looked good on Special teams returning and at WR...My feeling is they gave him an opportunity to make the team and that is eactly what he did !

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Having been a fan since the early 60's have to agree that the wealth at Wr is unusual. Given that I'm not sure who you give up to keep here, is it one of the Wrs or is it one of the RBs. They usually carry 6 Wrs. I think he's a practice squad guy.
    We may be looking at the two best Giants receivers of all times backed up by a couple of guys who would have started for us in half of the past 30 years.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Douglas looked great lastnight. He definetly has some wheels on him. I hope he makes the final 53, but then who doesnt make it? And Barden played like he was possessed last night. WTF?
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

As far as practice squad-he never clears waivers. He is a starter on jets

Douglas looked good catching punts, he's got great hands.

I thought they would cut Barden, but he looked good too(finally).

I would cut JJ but they always protect their draft picks.

Can any of these guys play corner?

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    We may be looking at the two best Giants receivers of all times backed up by a couple of guys who would have started for us in half of the past 30 years.
    Wow Interesting thought ...I will be honest after thinking back for the last 40 years or so I would have to say that we have guys that may get cut that might have started some years........you can look back and think of certain receivers that were considered good at the time....Clifton Mcneil ...Earnest Gray.....Lional Manual........Cruz and Nicks are better than anyone I can name and the 6-7 guys behind them might have given any of them a run for their money
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Douglas and DePalma need to make it over Jernigan and Barden.

I still think it comes down to Douglas vs. Barden. A lot of people don't realize Barden is a free agent after his year and he will most likely not be resigned. I only see Barden making the team if he is truly goig to contribute being the 3 or 4 WR. if he's going to be 5 or 6 then why bother. Just give the roster spot to Douglas who wil be around for a few years.