+ Reply to Thread

Prince was hurt before the play before the tackle

Prince was hurt the play before the tackle*

I was watching the post game interview on Giants.com. According to Tom, prince was already hurt but stayed in the game and made the play on Brandon marshall.

Could he not get off the field in time or what? I'm going to rewatch the game now....
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Well, not too smart on Princes part. I like that he wants to show he is tough and can play through pain, but this is a preseason game. If ANYTHING feels weird or sore, step out and get it looked at before you make it worse. I hope for a speedy recovery, we need it. I heard now T2 is saying he could come back for week 1... I doubt it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    I was watching the post game interview on Giants.com. According to Tom, prince was already hurt but stayed in the game and made the play on Brandon marshall.
    Watching the play in real time, with the particular camera angle in use, it's virtually impossible to see why Prince was hurt making that particular play. But after watching the replay, from different camera angle than live action, you can almost see something weird happening with his right lower leg as he pushed off to make his tackle. Of course by the time I watched the replay I knew Prince was hurt, so there could be a bit of power of suggestion at work. But after TC's post game remarks, it's really noticeable--well, kinda, any way.

So ironic, because watching the play initially it certainly looked like if any one was hurt on that play, it would be Marshall. He nearly had his leg hyper extended, as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Watching the play in real time, with the particular camera angle in use, it's virtually impossible to see why Prince was hurt making that particular play. But after watching the replay, from different camera angle than live action, you can almost see something weird happening with his right lower leg as he pushed off to make his tackle. Of course by the time I watched the replay I knew Prince was hurt, so there could be a bit of power of suggestion at work. But after TC's post game remarks, it's really noticeable--well, kinda, any way.

So ironic, because watching the play initially it certainly looked like if any one was hurt on that play, it would be Marshall. He nearly had his leg hyper extended, as it was.
    I have to give Prince a lot of credit, the knock on him for the past few weeks and last season was he is soft. Well I think it's safe to say he is the furthest thing from soft. If he did in fact get hurt before that tackle than he was out their in a meaningless game giving it his all. And what about that tackle? Text book... got low and drove through the opponent. And he brought down Brandon Marshall, one of the toughest receivers to tackle in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    I have to give Prince a lot of credit, the knock on him for the past few weeks and last season was he is soft. Well I think it's safe to say he is the furthest thing from soft. If he did in fact get hurt before that tackle than he was out their in a meaningless game giving it his all. And what about that tackle? Text book... got low and drove through the opponent. And he brought down Brandon Marshall, one of the toughest receivers to tackle in the NFL.
    Amen, brother. It appears that some fans don't see a player as being "tough" unless he acts like James Harrison or some other clown like that.

And, it was a text book style tackle. We don't see that often enough from DBs these days. TT does the same, more often than not.

get well Prince
    Apologize to Melo 5

number 15 rolled up on his ankle on the previous play.