+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

I really think JR wanted Wilson instead of Martin .....

Cause he saw this in him he knew the Giants needed an explosive back. Sure Martin is probably an better blocking back but we really don't need that yet when you have Bradshaw. I can't say how impressed I was with Wilson and Barden and Randle lol. It's going to be a great year. Just think when we get Nicks back, this offense can be great. Oh I forgot the black unicorn too, I know it's to early to say but this just shows Dallas (to me) didn't give this guy a chance, better yet Romo didn't cause his butt buddy Witten I bet they miss his blocking now.

wilson had things about his play that stand out, his talent is def. 1rst round material. he is way more athletically gifted than Martin imo.
    Martin is an all around back. I think he went 1rst based on how nfl ready he is. he doesnt have that athleticism Wilson has, but he is further into his maturation. Wilson has a much higher ceiling imho too. I def. believe JR wanted Wilson and that Wilson was rated higher than Martin.

Going in to the draft I really didn't pay too much attention to Wilson due to the fact that the national media had a love fest for Doug Martin, but looking back on it I realize how silly that really was.

We're talking about a guy with elite athleticism who was the ACC player of the year and led the nation in yards after contact (in the same year as Trent Richardson who many regard as the best RB prospect since Peterson).

Somehow Wilson fell through the cracks, but we're lucky he did. Just Like Nicks ended up being the best WR of the 09 class, i think we'll be saying the same thing about Wilson in years to come

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    wilson had things about his play that stand out, his talent is def. 1rst round material. he is way more athletically gifted than Martin imo.
    Martin is an all around back. I think he went 1rst based on how nfl ready he is. he doesnt have that athleticism Wilson has, but he is further into his maturation. Wilson has a much higher ceiling imho too. I def. believe JR wanted Wilson and that Wilson was rated higher than Martin.
    Yes most def I always thought Wilson was more athletically gifted too. Martin is def.an 3 down back but Wilson looks like he learns quick and I think he will become one too very soon.
    I love Bradshaw but Wilson is just wow. and them together I think will make Bradshaw a great back this year we won't be last in ruching this season. You are right though Wilson ceiling is higher with him being able to break it for one anytime,Martin is just a straight runner to me and we already have someone to do that kinda of runner in Bradshaw. That's why if we were to pick a back in the draft I wanted Wilson from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Going in to the draft I really didn't pay too much attention to Wilson due to the fact that the national media had a love fest for Doug Martin, but looking back on it I realize how silly that really was.

We're talking about a guy with elite athleticism who was the ACC player of the year and led the nation in yards after contact (in the same year as Trent Richardson who many regard as the best RB prospect since Peterson).

Somehow Wilson fell through the cracks, but we're lucky he did. Just Like Nicks ended up being the best WR of the 09 class, i think we'll be saying the same thing about Wilson in years to come
    Really? maybe it cause I like watching the Hookies so I knew about Wilson I really didn't want Martin he a nice back but Wilson I think can be great Wilson has not saying he is but has Barry Sanders qualities.

Starter
    I do too. Jerry likes the players with freak athletic abilities. Besides we already have our Bradshaw who is almost identical to Martin in how he runs the ball. Wilson's speed and explosiveness is a good complement to Bradshaws powerful running style.

Veteran
    lol.......

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Bench Player
    I might be in the minority, but I never doubted this once he said it...

Veteran
    Going into the draft i watched a lot of tape on DT'S RB'S and TE'S. David Wilson's tape stood out more then any other players - including Martin and Richardson. Guy was a home run threat almost every time he had the ball. First guy never took him down. And say what you want about the back flips but it definitely does show the kid has amazing athleticism. He may not be as polished, just yet, and i know its far far to early, but i said it since we drafted him, this kid will be the best back of all the 2012 dratees. He is simply faster and shiftier then them all. Once he gets the blitz pick ups down he will be a guy who you can run an offense through. I know it's a lot of hype but I don't come out and praise every pick like i do this one - that said I think Rees nailed it with the top 3 picks. I think hosley is the nickel/ punt returner this year and randle takes the third wr spot halfway through the year.

Wilson is the physically more impressive back far more explosive. His instincts on the other hand are so so. He can be indecisive and isnt nearly as instinctual as Martin.