+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Postseason Preference

I'm not trying to predict anything for this season, but with this team it seems we play better when we have to go through the wild card round I'm guessing cuz our chemistry is still fresh from the season. As opposed to getting that bye and waiting a week to play like in 08 when we play like crap against those who shall not be named. But what would you guys prefer the wild card round or getting the bye in the postseason.

Starter
    getting the bye haha. one less game to win to get to the superbowl and you play the worst team at your home field.

Quote Originally Posted by JSpin View Post
    getting the bye haha. one less game to win to get to the superbowl and you play the worst team at your home field.
    Because that totally worked on the Packers...

Personally, I'd rather get seeded against teams that we match up well with. That's the big factor. The bulk of the luck factor that helped us in postseason was the 49ers beating the saints. That's the only item of any pertinence that I see when people claim the Giants were "lucky"...

Quote Originally Posted by Rod-Diggity View Post
    I'm not trying to predict anything for this season, but with this team it seems we play better when we have to go through the wild card round I'm guessing cuz our chemistry is still fresh from the season. As opposed to getting that bye and waiting a week to play like in 08 when we play like crap against those who shall not be named. But what would you guys prefer the wild card round or getting the bye in the postseason.
    I'm not a believer in comparing teams even from year to with with similar personnel. Each team develops its own identity. What worked for one isn't necessarily true for another.

I would agree that across all teams, the bye week (for whaterver reason(s) seems to have more negative effects than positive ones.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Hey Jomo. I seem to recall at least twice that the Patriots came in second. Lol. I remember and I know NE fans do to.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I'm not a believer in comparing teams even from year to with with similar personnel. Each team develops its own identity. What worked for one isn't necessarily true for another.

I would agree that across all teams, the bye week (for whaterver reason(s) seems to have more negative effects than positive ones.
    Jomo, the reason the BYE game doesnt work is you lose your game timing and you sorta get in a lull, just my opinion.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

not sure if this is completely accurate but haven't the last 5 or 6 champs come from the wildcard round?

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    Jomo, the reason the BYE game doesnt work is you lose your game timing and you sorta get in a lull, just my opinion.

I agree. The key is to catch fire at the end of the season and keep the flame burning. Worked for us 2 times, and the Packers in the last 5 years.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

wait I don't think the saints did now that I think about it but I'm sure it's been a significant number the past few years

Saints were on fire the whole season: 13-3 , they pretty much dominated everyone

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner