Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: steve smith back on IR

steve smith back on IR

@mortreport
    Chris Mortensen
    Eagles announce Steve Smith to IR

@AdamSchefter
    Adam Schefter
    Eagles place WR Steve Smith on Injured Reserve (knee) and sign DT Cedric Thornton from the practice squad.

i ALMOST feel bad for this guy. maybe he made the right move personally. he could have a tough time ever getting back into form again. he might need that money.

Bronx NYC ......... Justin Gilbert "bandwagoneer"

Re: steve smith back on IR

What happened....Did he tear his ACL?

[quote user="titwio"]What happened....Did he tear his ACL?[/quote]

@NYPost_Schwartz
    Paul Schwartz
    Smith has bone bruise in surgically-repaired left knee. Will be a free agent after the season. Wonder if there's any market for him. #nyg

[quote user="jax5338"]@mortreport Chris Mortensen Eagles announce Steve Smith to IR @AdamSchefter Adam Schefter Eagles place WR Steve Smith on Injured Reserve (knee) and sign DT Cedric Thornton from the practice squad. i ALMOST feel bad for this guy. maybe he made the right move personally. he could have a tough time ever getting back into form again. he might need that money.[/quote]</P>

I definately feel badly for him. Every player wants to play. The Giants told him he wasn't playing for them for at least 6 weeks and the Eagles told him he would play week one. AND were prepared to back it up with $4MM.</P>

We hear what we want to hear. I think most of us would have believed them. The real tragedy is just how irresponsible and wrong the eagles were here.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="jax5338"]@mortreport Chris Mortensen Eagles announce Steve Smith to IR @AdamSchefter Adam Schefter Eagles place WR Steve Smith on Injured Reserve (knee) and sign DT Cedric Thornton from the practice squad. i ALMOST feel bad for this guy. maybe he made the right move personally. he could have a tough time ever getting back into form again. he might need that money.[/quote]</p>

I definately feel badly for him. Every player wants to play. The Giants told him he wasn't playing for them for at least 6 weeks and the Eagles told him he would play week one. AND were prepared to back it up with $4MM.</p>

We hear what we want to hear. I think most of us would have believed them. The real tragedy is just how irresponsible and wrong the eagles were here.</p>[/quote] Jerry Reese has a great idea of what can be replaced with simply having reps on the field meaning he knew ya we never heard of jake ballard and we havent got to see guys like victor cruz play a big role on our team but given reps they could be just as good if not better then what we lost I think Jerry Reese is fantastic at drafting and knowing when to fold em(let guys go) Wait untill we have a healthier season and Prince and Austin and hopefully TT are all joining this D! I just really like the way Jerry Reese Gm's the team

I say offer Steve a 1 year deal next season for cheap. Its the least we can do.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="jax5338"]@mortreport Chris Mortensen Eagles announce Steve Smith to IR @AdamSchefter Adam Schefter Eagles place WR Steve Smith on Injured Reserve (knee) and sign DT Cedric Thornton from the practice squad. i ALMOST feel bad for this guy. maybe he made the right move personally. he could have a tough time ever getting back into form again. he might need that money.[/quote]</P>

I definately feel badly for him.** Every player wants to play.* The Giants told him he wasn't playing for them for at least 6 weeks and the Eagles told him he would play week one.* AND were prepared to back it up with $4MM.</P>

We hear what we want to hear.* I think most of us would have believed them.* The real tragedy is just how irresponsible and wrong the eagles were here.</P>[/quote]

yeah, but if you followed steve's twitter and facebook accounts while with the gmen, he was so fan friendly and was always "mr. giants". he made you think he'd never sign anywhere else, especially the eagles.

he even photoshopped a pic of an empty eagles trophy case during the whole osi-mccoy feud. he said stuff like he's not greedy and money doesnt drive him etc. he had no problem turning his back and going for the green, even though it looks like now he probably made the right move in terms of his future. those of us who followed him never expected him to leave, especially to philly.

so while we can only assume what the giants front office said to him and how they treated him, maybe they were looking out for his future and best interests while he was just looking for a fat payday. maybe if he had listened to our medical team he wouldnt be in this situation. when it comes to that stuff, i guess we can only speculate.

[quote user="jax5338"][quote user="Morehead State"]

I definately feel badly for him. Every player wants to play. The Giants told him he wasn't playing for them for at least 6 weeks and the Eagles told him he would play week one. AND were prepared to back it up with $4MM.</P>

We hear what we want to hear. I think most of us would have believed them. The real tragedy is just how irresponsible and wrong the eagles were here.</P>

[/quote] yeah, but if you followed steve's twitter and facebook accounts while with the gmen, he was so fan friendly and was always "mr. giants". he made you think he'd never sign anywhere else, especially the eagles. he even photoshopped a pic of an empty eagles trophy case during the whole osi-mccoy feud. he said stuff like he's not greedy and money doesnt drive him etc. he had no problem turning his back and going for the green, even though it looks like now he probably made the right move in terms of his future. those of us who followed him never expected him to leave, especially to philly. so while we can only assume what the giants front office said to him and how they treated him, maybe they were looking out for his future and best interests while he was just looking for a fat payday. maybe if he had listened to our medical team he wouldnt be in this situation. when it comes to that stuff, i guess we can only speculate.[/quote]</P>

He's a football player and they said he could play right away for them.</P>

Thats a powerful argument. Don't discount that.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="jax5338"][quote user="Morehead State"]

I definately feel badly for him.** Every player wants to play.* The Giants told him he wasn't playing for them for at least 6 weeks and the Eagles told him he would play week one.* AND were prepared to back it up with $4MM.</P>

We hear what we want to hear.* I think most of us would have believed them.* The real tragedy is just how irresponsible and wrong the eagles were here.</P>

[/quote] yeah, but if you followed steve's twitter and facebook accounts while with the gmen, he was so fan friendly and was always "mr. giants". he made you think he'd never sign anywhere else, especially the eagles. he even photoshopped a pic of an empty eagles trophy case during the whole osi-mccoy feud. he said stuff like he's not greedy and money doesnt drive him etc. he had no problem turning his back and going for the green, even though it looks like now he probably made the right move in terms of his future. those of us who followed him never expected him to leave, especially to philly. so while we can only assume what the giants front office said to him and how they treated him, maybe they were looking out for his future and best interests while he was just looking for a fat payday. maybe if he had listened to our medical team he wouldnt be in this situation. when it comes to that stuff, i guess we can only speculate.[/quote]</P>

Thats a powerful argument.* Don't discount that.</P>[/quote]

true. id just like to think he'd trust coughlin and the organization's opinions.

it's just sad he ruined his reputation with giants fans who adored him, he's nothing with the eagles and his future is in jeopardy.

plus he didnt really get that much playing time thru the first few weeks the giants would have made him sit. hopefully the difference of what the eagles paid him over the gmen is worth it.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="jax5338"][quote user="Morehead State"]

We hear what we want to hear.* I think most of us would have believed them.* The real tragedy is just how irresponsible and wrong the eagles were here.</P>

Thats a powerful argument.* Don't discount that.</P>[/quote]

Definitly can't discount that, but in all honesty, how could he trust the opinion of an eagles medical staff that did little more than a physical with him over the opinion of the Giants medical staff that was watching his progress right after teh injury, before the lockout, and the weeks subsequent to the lockout? That's poor decision making in my opinion.

However, if the team can't get MM back on board next season, it wouldn't be a bad option to bring back ol' SS12 for another go around.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

+ Reply to Thread