+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So SICK of hearing RG3

U guys watch the Colts game? The guy still cant make simple pre snap reads. This goes back to him being spoon fed at Baylor

look at the 4th or 5th play he completely ignores the blitzing LB and gets jacked up. Just wait till teams start zone blitzing this kid he is going to crumble

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    U guys watch the Colts game? The guy still cant make simple pre snap reads. This goes back to him being spoon fed at Baylor

look at the 4th or 5th play he completely ignores the blitzing LB and gets jacked up. Just wait till teams start zone blitzing this kid he is going to crumble
    Huh? All QB's, even ten year vets take shots like that...especially if nobody picks up the blitzer. Luck got hit quite a few times too. The kid looked good to me, maybe I was watching a different game.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    Huh? All QB's, even ten year vets take shots like that...especially if nobody picks up the blitzer. Luck got hit quite a few times too. The kid looked good to me, maybe I was watching a different game.

I like what I see from him in terms of pocket movement and his form is a beauty IMO. The only problem is, nowhere in that video has he shown he can throw the long ball accurately. Overthrown a few times in that video. I haven't watched much of his preseason though to actually check out what he has done in the rest of the preseason though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    I like what I see from him in terms of pocket movement and his form is a beauty IMO. The only problem is, nowhere in that video has he shown he can throw the long ball accurately. Overthrown a few times in that video. I haven't watched much of his preseason though to actually check out what he has done in the rest of the preseason though.
    The long ball is what he throws well. I worry about when a QB under throws the ball... over throwing is all about timing with his receivers and can be worked out. I believe in college, one of his impressive stats was his long ball accuracy. I like Luck too and I think these two guys are gonna be battling it out for years to come... they seemed so motivated Saturday playing against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    The long ball is what he throws well. I worry about when a QB under throws the ball... over throwing is all about timing with his receivers and can be worked out. I believe in college, one of his impressive stats was his long ball accuracy. I like Luck too and I think these two guys are gonna be battling it out for years to come... they seemed so motivated Saturday playing against each other.
    I don't watch much college football although I am going to try this year actually. I didn't know that and thanks for pointing that out. So far, I was not impressed with the long ball, but you're right - it can be changed and worked on.

And correct, I rather have my QB over-throw the ball than under-throw it, depending on the situation of course.

Thanks for the link.

Like all young QBs, it appears too soon to tell. He definitely was not accurate on his long throws, but he seems pretty functional as a short to medium passer. Based only on reviewing the clip his game reminds me a bit of Vick's. So, if he that's any indication and this year he stacks up to Vick....that should put him comfortably somewhere between the 3rd and 4th best QB in the division.

Banned
    he does have a speedy wideout, garcon was good with effin curtis painter last year, i think he might make a name for himself with RG3 my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Luck will have a much better career than RGIII
    I agree. RG is obviously talented, and confidence is a great thing to have, but he's just a tad too confident for me. Just gonna make the fall that much harder when he faces Eli

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    This is gonna make me puke this year, just like last year hearing TEBOW this and TEBOW that! His name is boob, er I mean Bob.
    They all talk like Bob has done something already... anyways he was one of the worst as far as facing pressure and taking sacks so his speed didn't do as much for him as you would expect... He isn't Cam nor will he ever be... I can't wait to lay on his back (multiple times)

Banned
    I was telling one of my co-workers (who happens to be a SkIns fan) earlier that I hope he doesn't think RG3 is gonna come into the NFC East and dominate in his first year...it's not happening unless their D plays out of their minds. The D-lines and exotic blitz packages in this division isn't gonna allow it. To the poster above, I never heard of RG3 until the college season was narrowing down and they started talking Heisman. I don't think he was worse against the blitz though or else he wouldn't had won the trophy lol.

+ Reply to Thread