+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Why all of the hype around Douglas?

Yes he had 1 good punt return, but outside of that and some special teams I don't seem him being the next great Giants WR. Can someone tell me why there is so much hype about him?

He's white....no but seriously, he's got good size, athletiscm and supposedly he's had a very nice training camp

It's true - we miss that little window of white light that Ballard showed, and want another look...

Every preseason we look for the "Victor Cruz." The player(s) who come(s) out of obscurity and does all the right things, gets extra reps, is praised by the coaching staff.........

This season we have several and Douglas became one of them last night. It's what I call the Rudy effect. The player(s) we all want to see make it despite the odds.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Because we are tired of waiting for JJ to show up and Douglas might be the one who could take his spot and when that happens we can finally stop waiting for JJ to show up.

no fumbles yet on punts ...j/k

A lot has to do with the Internet age. He was on the top five plays of training camp a few times. Years ago you never really heard about every nice catch in camp like you see now. But the underdog thing is nice, kind of like that movie aout that guy on the Eagles, i forget the guys name and the name of the movie right now.

^ Tom Hanks, Philadelphia.

Really he hasn't received too much playing time but the time he has played he's made the most of it. One was a big grab on a high throw by Perrilloux and another yesterday with a 36 yard catch and run (which got overturned for holding).

In his time he's shown he runs good routes, gets open, has good speed and displays reliable hands. Also he plays well on specials and on top of that he has really good size at 6'1 205.

If you ask me he's a guy who could fill that Devin Thomas role for this team with a much bigger upside at wide receiver. I really don't see how he doesn't make the team. I expect he'll get a lot of time versus the Patriots to solidify himself being that since Hosley couldn't return punts yesterday they only tried Douglas at that position leads me to believe they want to find a role for him.
    Last edited by titwio; 08-25-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    Because we are tired of waiting for JJ to show up and Douglas might be the one who could take his spot and when that happens we can finally stop waiting for JJ to show up.
    It's JJ's second year on the team.....