Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Yes.........another Eli thread!!

Found this blurb in one of the articles in RF's News Thread, and I found it very tellin:

"•Eli Manning – He had a very Eli-esque game tonight. His timing with his receivers were right on cue. His throws were accurate and sharp. He would play the first half, finishing 17 for 21 with 148 yards and one touchdown."

I remember, not long ago, when Eli had an "Eli-esque" night......it meant something completely different.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

I don't???? Please explain.

Actually I thought it was not very "Eli-esque" even when Eli is on its usually like a game of holdem where there is a few exchanges with not much action and then suddenly there is a big pot. Usually we sputter a bit and them eli casts off a long ball or makes a great throw and the game opens up.

This was very Peyton-esq spread the ball, hit many receivers short. Move the chains.

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    I don't???? Please explain.
    Eli doubters would use that term as a means to insult Eli's play.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    Actually I thought it was not very "Eli-esque" even when Eli is on its usually like a game of holdem where there is a few exchanges with not much action and then suddenly there is a big pot. Usually we sputter a bit and them eli casts off a long ball or makes a great throw and the game opens up.

This was very Peyton-esq spread the ball, hit many receivers short. Move the chains.
    Well, that's playcalling and that's something completely different. This has more to do with Eli's traits as a QB...timing on cue and accurate were not considered Eli-esque just a few short years ago,

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I'm actually surprised there wasn't a thread complaining about Eli being ranked 5th on ESPN's best QB list.
    WHAT!!?? That's outrageous!!! There needs to be a spot invented that's BETTER than #1 so we can properly place Eli there!! Call it #1 with lemon!!

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post

You are right though....the playcalling was a lot different than we've seen. Lots of short yardage passing.

I predict this thread will be 40 pages long.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Found this blurb in one of the articles in RF's News Thread, and I found it very tellin:

"•Eli Manning – He had a very Eli-esque game tonight. His timing with his receivers were right on cue. His throws were accurate and sharp. He would play the first half, finishing 17 for 21 with 148 yards and one touchdown."

I remember, not long ago, when Eli had an "Eli-esque" night......it meant something completely different.
    Best thread ever...I have so much I wanna say, but I have to organize my thoughts first, don't wanna sound like a bubbly blonde