+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Twitter is for twits?

Twitter is for twits?

Anyone think newer media technology, like Twitter, is beneficial to the game or for fan information? Seems like a lot of players just making fools of themselves, with statements they don't gather themselves to think out. And now the sportswriters and sportscasters refer to twitter comments, rather than do some serious legwork - to get the same information any normal Joe can now access. Maybe this is a thrill for some fans that do perceive it as an instant gateway to athletes thoughts? I've never looked into doing it - how do you all feel about it?

Most players accounts are a waste of time. If they say anything interested it will get re-tweeted and you can read it then. otherwise, it's a long stream about what they are having for breakfast, etc...

I enjoy following beat writers for early scoops.

Some people seem to get their self-esteem by getting any type of reaction from a celebrity - even it means tweeting them with insults.

Jim Irsay is annoying on twitter too.

Those are my random thoughts

On the other hand it's great for getting information from the likes of Vacchiano and the other beat writers, or from the horse's mouth via the likes of Pat Hanlon.

And to be honest I really enjoyed Weatherford's tweets from behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    And to be honest I really enjoyed Weatherford's tweets from behind the scenes.
    And honestly, I'll acknowledge that the players' reaction to his tweetered video may have told us all we need to know about this not so fresh Prince. But it was also somewhat embarrassing for him to have offered it up, for outsiders to see.

Weatherford hasn't tweeted since his apology. Would be interested to know if he took himself off of twitter or if Coughlin grounded him from twitter.

+ Reply to Thread