+ Reply to Thread

Are we going to break out the 3 Safety set again?

With Prince now out for an indeterminate amount of time, we're left with Webster and Hosley as CBs. Will Rolle be forced into the nickel corner situation again until either Prince or TT returns, or will Tryon/Coe get more snaps in the regular season?

Fewell will do what he has to do and, don't forget, Hosley is currently injured as well.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Isn't he supposed to be back week 1? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Either way, the fact that we haven't re-signed Deon Grant yet tells me that Rolle will more likely be in his regular safety position. I'm down with that...

The way thngs have been gonig with players returning from injuries, I believe it when I see it now. Boley - not back, Austin - setback, Beatty - not back and on and on...Don't be surprised to see Deon Grant back in the fold after they make the mandatory cuts
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Starter
    Per Tom Coughlin:

On the possibility of moving a safety to corner:
    "We’ve done that with Antrel (Rolle) before, but I would like to leave Antrel where he is, to let him play in that spot, a spot he plays very well. I would not think that’s an option, although we’d be open to try it. Anything."
    On whether the Giants would look for cornerback help before the season opens:
    "Well, you’ve got a bunch of guys that you’ve worked with since day one, some played well the other night, some didn’t. I thought Michael Coe played well for the opportunity that he had. In particular, coming off of a hamstring. We knew we were going to play him, but we weren’t sure how much. He did well when he had the opportunity. We’ll always scan and look and try to find if there are people out there that can help us. It’s that time of year. It’s difficult to assess if there are people out there that can help us. We will continue to be vigilant. A lot of what has to happen has to come from the inside here."

ALL-IN!

Quote Originally Posted by GreangeSepe View Post
    Otlichno mne nravitsya.
    We need an extra safety, for all these spam pick plays that are getting through the defense, here.

Quote Originally Posted by GreangeSepe View Post
    Otlichno mne nravitsya.
    sign Ocho ? are you crazy?

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    sign Ocho ? are you crazy?
    He's a self annointed "Future Hall of Famer" (remember his Bengals cape?) - plus, he knows how to use his head (for solving marital disputes, at least).