+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Te'o

Te'o

Should the Giants just do whatever it takes to get this guy? Last year the Cowboys traded up from 14 to 6 to pick a player who they thought would be a superstar in Claibourne. The Giants will most likely pick 18-20 and could use their 2nd to get into the top 10. Some people want to say that MLBs aren't worth that high of a pick but I beg to differ. Te'o could instantly step in and make a HUGE impact on this defense. He is a great leader with the ability to not only stop the run, but also cover the pass well. Plus is he a playmaker as he proved this year by almost winning the Heisman!

The Giants are sorely missing a man to hold down the middle and have been for years. Chase Blackburn is horrible in pass coverage but according to PFF he's even worse against the run. Te'o would solve this problem.

Our second round pick probably would not be enough to move up from 18-20 to the top 10, plus I don't think that the Giants would move up that much for a MLB.

Our only hope is that he drops because he is not a workout warrior on the post-season circuit.

Veteran
    I would love to have him on our team but unfortunately we'll probably end up with some scrub MLB

Veteran
    Not interested in a mlb in the first round. We already wasted a first round pick on a low value position last year. We have to come away with a DE DT or CB

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Not interested in a mlb in the first round. We already wasted a first round pick on a low value position last year. We have to come away with a DE DT or CB
    i agree i want a pass rusher

Would love to have the guy, but I don't think the Giants should give up any picks when they need help in alot of places. Defensive end is a must as well as cornerback and offensive line. Depends on what they do in free agency but tight end might be added to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    i agree i want a pass rusher
    I'm not familiar with many guys outside of the 1st round....& it feels like Ansah and Hunt will have Alot of momentum heading into the draft & will be drafted higher than expected....who'd fit & possibly be around in the 2nd?
    I can see Oline,DT,CB being more likely in the 1st

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    Should the Giants just do whatever it takes to get this guy? Last year the Cowboys traded up from 14 to 6 to pick a player who they thought would be a superstar in Claibourne. The Giants will most likely pick 18-20 and could use their 2nd to get into the top 10. Some people want to say that MLBs aren't worth that high of a pick but I beg to differ. Te'o could instantly step in and make a HUGE impact on this defense. He is a great leader with the ability to not only stop the run, but also cover the pass well. Plus is he a playmaker as he proved this year by almost winning the Heisman!

The Giants are sorely missing a man to hold down the middle and have been for years. Chase Blackburn is horrible in pass coverage but according to PFF he's even worse against the run. Te'o would solve this problem.
    Nah, we gotta trade for ex picks before trading picks i think? Either way, Te'o would be a awesome additon and one that would go along way into changing our defense from where it is now and where we need it to be..

People keep saying we need to draft a DE in RD 1, but that isn't gonna help this defense if the player isn't really good.. What i mean is, team needs and what not change all the time, almost wk to wk really, and if a DE is there and seems like a logical pick, then fine, but if theres a better pure playmaker and diffrence maker out there, then go get him!

Look what Luke Kuechly is doing for the panthers defense! Hes freaking litteraly transforming them into a solid unit ever since hes been inserted into the middle of that defense.. They've been a solid unit and continue to get better... Hes been as awesome as i said he was gonna be... Hes a diffrence maker.. U need guys like that, and we have absoulutley none at any LB positon...

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    A waste? Have u seen what Luke Kuechly is doing in Carolina? Single Handedly making that defense legit since hes moved to middle as a starter... I remember mad of my draft guru friends on here were trying to say he wasen't a top 10pick, and i said not only will he go in top 10, he'll be a stud.. Why? Because he changes games and makes plays and of course is all over the field...

so, u think Kuechly is a wasted pick becuase he plays MLB? Look at these numbers- 151tackles 11TFL, 2INT, 1SACK, 3FR 6Pass defended..etc

Like i said, single handedly turned that defense which has solid, but not spectacular pass rush.. Theres gonna be days u don't have a pass rush, no matter who u have, and its those games, u need to have guys who can cover, and have speed, and can hit and make plays.. Guys like Kuechly, Ogletree, Te'o, all fall in that category...