+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: 2014 NFL draft plan w/trade

  1. #1
    Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    272

    2014 NFL draft plan w/trade

    The Giants need to do whatever they can to get the first pick in the 2014 draft.

    Here's my plan:
    -trade justin tuck and our entire 2014 draft to the browns for their 1st round pick in 2014 (should be the first overall lol)
    -draft Jadeveon Clowney
    - win the next 5 superbowls

    check out his high school highlights. they're almost comical. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTkmiBdoBDc

    JPP and Clowney wouldn't even be fair.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by JSpin View Post
    The Giants need to do whatever they can to get the first pick in the 2014 draft.

    Here's my plan:
    -trade justin tuck and our entire 2014 draft to the browns for their 1st round pick in 2014 (should be the first overall lol)
    -draft Jadeveon Clowney
    - win the next 5 superbowls

    check out his high school highlights. they're almost comical. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTkmiBdoBDc

    JPP and Clowney wouldn't even be fair.
    Ive watched almost every SC game last year and Clowney appears to be an elie talent but Id like to see how he progresses this season before anointing him in the class of prospect like Suh,Calvin Johnson and Andrew Luck

  3. #3
    Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    272
    yea I know what you mean I was obviously exaggerating a little bit but he looks like he's going to be amazing.

  4. #4
    Veteran JPP=BEASTMODE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Boise ID
    Posts
    919
    Lmao holly ****!!! I feel bad for the people that had to try and block him.

  5. #5
    He will certainly be highly sought after. I do think he will end up on a 3-4 team though. I could be wrong tho, so many teams running hybrid schemes now he could fit anywhere. .

  6. #6
    Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    He will certainly be highly sought after. I do think he will end up on a 3-4 team though. I could be wrong tho, so many teams running hybrid schemes now he could fit anywhere. .
    Yea but at the end of the day it's all about getting impact football players. I mean look at Von Miller. He gets drafted by a 4-3 team when he's obviously best suites as a 3-4 edge rusher. It doesn't matter though because you put him on a football field and he will dominate regardless of scheme.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by JSpin View Post
    Yea but at the end of the day it's all about getting impact football players. I mean look at Von Miller. He gets drafted by a 4-3 team when he's obviously best suites as a 3-4 edge rusher. It doesn't matter though because you put him on a football field and he will dominate regardless of scheme.
    Not the same thing at all. Von Miller was actually considered a 34 guy only until the offseason where during workouts he lit it up in coverage too proving he has the ability to do the things needed to be a 43 guy as well.

    We have not seen that out of Clowney as much. I am not saying he cannot, we just have not seen it yet which means he is likely still considered a 34 guy. Also, when I say he is a 34 guy, that does not mean he isnt a 43 guy it just means a 34 team is likely to have him rated higher than a 43 team. He is certainly a good player though.

    Remember, he is 255 lbs and that isnt big enough to be a 43 DE. So he would likely play the SLB like Kiwi. But, that position comes off the field quite a bit because of the nickle package. Effectively that means he is not an every down player in our system and he certainly would be in a 34 system. That is why his value would be higher to them.

  8. #8
    Sound like a great plan and totally like something that the Giants would do!

  9. #9
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    39,389
    Clowney can absolutely be a 4-3 DE. He has the frame to get up to 280+.

    His height makes it less likely he will be a 3-4 OLB. How many of those guys are 6'6? None that I can think of.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 10-06-2012 at 11:44 AM.

  10. #10
    Could be the next Julius Peppers. He has the frame and raw ability to line up anywhere on the DL and make an impact.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts