+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cowboys Don't Have The Juice To Stay With Big Blue

The Cowboys Don't Have The Juice To Stay With Big Blue

Who would you rather have Dez or Nicks ( Nicks all day long )
    Who would you rather have Romo or Eli ( Same deal )
    Who would you rather have Ware Or Jason Pierre Paul ( Condisering we also have Tuck, Osi, and Kiwi. This question becomes sillier and sillier )
    Webster or any one of their corners ? ( yeah the rookie too )
    Rolle or any Cowboy safety
    Considering the RBs might be a tie ( Although We'll stay with AB and DW )
    I cannot see the Cowboys going " Blow For Blow " with The Giants in a game. ( No pun intended, but we have more Stars than they do )

By "Romo or Eli (same deal) " you mean you would take either/or? Eli > Romo

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    By "Romo or Eli (same deal) " you mean you would take either/or? Eli > Romo
    I think he means same deal as in (Eli all day), Just like he did for Nicks.

Can't say I disagree with this post (except for the Ware v JPP, and Webster being better than Carr).

But I don't think the gap is as large as the title of the thread implies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post

Can't say I disagree with this post (except for the Ware v JPP, and Webster being better than Carr).

Yeah thanks, I think that's what he meant as well. Division rivals never have a huge gap IMO. I think the Cowboys can have a team built like Browns and still destroy us. **** like that happens with the NFC East

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Yeah thanks, I think that's what he meant as well. Division rivals never have a huge gap IMO. I think the Cowboys can have a team built like Browns and still destroy us. **** like that happens with the NFC East
    I think the only lopsided games are between the Eagles and Cowboys. Cowboys dominated in 2009. Eagles have dominated pretty much ever since, last year especially.

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    JPP is much much much better than Ware. I'd argue JPP is a top 3 defensive player. He will show it this year. His impact will be that big. By the end of his career, he will be considered one of the all time great defensive ends and possibly in a league with Reggie White and Deacon Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Giants5699 View Post
    JPP is much much much better than Ware. I'd argue JPP is a top 3 defensive player. He will show it this year. His impact will be that big. By the end of his career, he will be considered one of the all time great defensive ends and possibly in a league with Reggie White and Deacon Jones
    Ware is already in Reggie White's company. They don't play the same position, but should Ware get half a sack in one of his first two games this season, he will be the second fastest player to 100 sacks (behind only Reggie).

I think JPP is a tremendous player who will only get better. I believe he has a higher ceiling than Ware. But that doesn't make him the better player already.

Ware is already in Reggie White's company. They don't play the same position, but should Ware get half a sack in one of his first two games this season, he will be the second fastest player to 100 sacks (behind only Reggie).

I think JPP is a tremendous player who will only get better. I believe he has a higher ceiling than Ware. But that doesn't make him the better player already.
    People keep calling JPP the best DE ever and honestly, that is so premature. Kid is good and he proves it time and time again, but to say he's even close to a better player than Ware right now is ridiculous.

He most likely WILL BE better than Ware when both careers are done, but right now, the point is very easy to make only because JPP is younger, but career wise right now... can't even say he's better yet.

I think your wrong about Webster he is the #1 on this team and never played with a number one like Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    I think your wrong about Webster he is the #1 on this team and never played with a number one like Carr.

Webster is the number 1 corner, but was one of the most targeted corners last year. That could mean a couple of things, but mostly what I take away from that is that his coverage wasn't very tight and that they'd rather throw at him rather than throw at Ross, who was one of the worst CBs in the NFL last year.

I think Webster was very good at one time and is still running off of that merit. He's been average at best since the end of 2008 and is only getting older (he's 30 now).

Whereas Carr has been getting better each year and is just now in his prime at age 26.

Did he benefit from having Flowers? Maybe at one point. Although I think last year you could say the opposite occurred.

I see Carr as a borderline top 10 CB, but I don't think I would have Webster anywhere close to that.

+ Reply to Thread