+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Cowboys Don't Have The Juice To Stay With Big Blue

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
    Who would you rather have Dez or Nicks ( Nicks all day long )
    Who would you rather have Romo or Eli ( Same deal )
    Who would you rather have Ware Or Jason Pierre Paul ( Condisering we also have Tuck, Osi, and Kiwi. This question becomes sillier and sillier )
    Webster or any one of their corners ? ( yeah the rookie too )
    Rolle or any Cowboy safety
    Considering the RBs might be a tie ( Although We'll stay with AB and DW )
    I cannot see the Cowboys going " Blow For Blow " with The Giants in a game. ( No pun intended, but we have more Stars than they do )
    Stars DO NOT make a team, and they certainly DO NOT guarantee a Winning season. Example= Iggles! However I do believe that are team has some stars but more importantly they have unity!!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Sorry, made the thread and headed off to work. Of course I meant Eli. As far as JPP? We are not talking about their Legacies here. I was referring to the here and now. JPP is Lights Out right now. Besides what I meant specifically was ( And maybe should have used a better term like Pass Rusher ) who would you rather have on your team ? Ware is a lot like Osi ( A QB Killer ) JPP ? QB,RB,TE,Hot Dog Vender, it doesn't matter,who ever has the ball He destroys. He blocks kicks, Slaps down balls. There are simply more ways JPP can disrupt a game than Ware does. And please stop comparing Ware to Reggie White who was a DE, Ware is a LBer. So yes in that instance I agree, Ware is better than Boley.

Banned
    Who would you rather have Dez or Nicks ( Nicks all day long )
    Who would you rather have Romo or Eli ( Same deal )
    Who would you rather have Ware Or Jason Pierre Paul ( Condisering we also have Tuck, Osi, and Kiwi. This question becomes sillier and sillier )
    Webster or any one of their corners ? ( yeah the rookie too )
    Rolle or any Cowboy safety
    Considering the RBs might be a tie ( Although We'll stay with AB and DW )
    I cannot see the Cowboys going " Blow For Blow " with The Giants in a game. ( No pun intended, but we have more Stars than they do )
    I am a die hard big blue fan bro, but umm there corners are way better, are any of them better then Webster noo but they did acquire Carr and claiborne still has to prove himself, but prince is nothing but a bust in my eyes, even if he wasnt injured i would start hosely over him i think hosely is out to be a star in this league, i like the way he covers and he has tremendous speed, think he is hurt tho i have no idea who is going to be playing opposite side of webster against the cowgirls im hoping hosely, but he might be out to, i think i rather see justin tryon over coe and bruce johnson. idk man im kinda scared after losing thomas, prince, and now maybe hosely what the hell are they gonna do only thing that could help us is if austin doesnt play.

Sorry, made the thread and headed off to work. Of course I meant Eli. As far as JPP? We are not talking about their Legacies here. I was referring to the here and now. JPP is Lights Out right now. Besides what I meant specifically was ( And maybe should have used a better term like Pass Rusher ) who would you rather have on your team ? Ware is a lot like Osi ( A QB Killer ) JPP ? QB,RB,TE,Hot Dog Vender, it doesn't matter,who ever has the ball He destroys. He blocks kicks, Slaps down balls. There are simply more ways JPP can disrupt a game than Ware does. And please stop comparing Ware to Reggie White who was a DE, Ware is a LBer. So yes in that instance I agree, Ware is better than Boley.

It's cool. That's what MB's are for. I'm the opposite-- usually I post at work and only at work.

Anyway, I wasn't talking about their legacies either, although the more proven you are the better.

Ware is nothing like Osi. If you run at Ware he makes plays and he's STILL a more dangerous pass rusher. And if Ware is dropped back into coverage rather than going after the QB, he covers well.

If you think there are more ways a DE can disrupt a game more than an OLB with better pass rushing skills, you're mistaken. And Ware is not only the best OLB in the league, he's quite possibly the best defensive player period.

I honestly think the NFC East is up for grabs next season. The difference between every team save the Redskins is very small. Yeah we won the division and the SB, but given our performance as a whole, I can't say I'm very confident going into next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Webster is the number 1 corner, but was one of the most targeted corners last year. That could mean a couple of things, but mostly what I take away from that is that his coverage wasn't very tight and that they'd rather throw at him rather than throw at Ross, who was one of the worst CBs in the NFL last year.

I think Webster was very good at one time and is still running off of that merit. He's been average at best since the end of 2008 and is only getting older (he's 30 now).

Whereas Carr has been getting better each year and is just now in his prime at age 26.

Did he benefit from having Flowers? Maybe at one point. Although I think last year you could say the opposite occurred.

I see Carr as a borderline top 10 CB, but I don't think I would have Webster anywhere close to that.
    I don't see how you can say he's average at best when it should be the other way around. Carr played in the AFC WEST, name a top 5 WR he covered I can't think of one, Brandon Flowers took care of the top WR's in the AFC west while Carr played off of him yes he's a great #2 I'll give you that but when you compare the WR's Webster and Carr have covered it's not even close. You talk about Webster age as if he's a dinosaur I mean when your 30 I think right now he's coming into his own with more knowledge of the game then Carr you will see that Carr is just a #2 this year he might be a disapointment when he has to cover NFC wr's but only time will tell. You secondary has improved but Carr is not better then Webster maybe in a couple years and that's a big if.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    I don't see how you can say he's average at best when it should be the other way around. Carr played in the AFC WEST, name a top 5 WR he covered I can't think of one, Brandon Flowers took care of the top WR's in the AFC west while Carr played off of him yes he's a great #2 I'll give you that but when you compare the WR's Webster and Carr have covered it's not even close. You talk about Webster age as if he's a dinosaur I mean when your 30 I think right now he's coming into his own with more knowledge of the game then Carr you will see that Carr is just a #2 this year he might be a disapointment when he has to cover NFC wr's but only time will tell. You secondary has improved but Carr is not better then Webster maybe in a couple years and that's a big if.
    I answered this in the other thread you started.

Quote Originally Posted by ksmooth22 View Post
    I am a die hard big blue fan bro, but umm there corners are way better, are any of them better then Webster noo but they did acquire Carr and claiborne still has to prove himself, but prince is nothing but a bust in my eyes, even if he wasnt injured i would start hosely over him i think hosely is out to be a star in this league, i like the way he covers and he has tremendous speed, think he is hurt tho i have no idea who is going to be playing opposite side of webster against the cowgirls im hoping hosely, but he might be out to, i think i rather see justin tryon over coe and bruce johnson. idk man im kinda scared after losing thomas, prince, and now maybe hosely what the hell are they gonna do only thing that could help us is if austin doesnt play.
    Their corner are better cause they are staring a rookie?come bro Claiborne is good but he hasn't faced what he is going to face this year and if Carr isn't better then Webster then how is their corners better, when likely we will have Webster on one side who you said is better then Carr and Prince on the other side in his second year. If you look at secondary as a whole the Giants are definitely better if you include the safety positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Their corner are better cause they are staring a rookie?come bro Claiborne is good but he hasn't faced what he is going to face this year and if Carr isn't better then Webster then how is their corners better, when likely we will have Webster on one side who you said is better then Carr and Prince on the other side in his second year. If you look at secondary as a whole the Giants are definitely better if you include the safety positions.
    Okay, let's call Webster and Carr a push for right now since you and the rest of Giants nation hold Carr accountable for doing his job.

After that...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Claiborn will be better than Amukamara this season. Jenkins is better than anyone you have as well, and Scandrick is a pretty darn good slot corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I answered this in the other thread you started.
    I know you did but it still to me is still doesn't make sense you can throw all the #'s and stats you want but you have got to look at the competition they have both faced. The Giants have faced the top passers in the league due to the tough schedule every year for the last three year when Carr went against Tebow, Orton, Cambell, Palmer, and Rivers for the last 3 years.

+ Reply to Thread