+ Reply to Thread

What are the exact rules for PUP list...

NFL Network just showed a clip of Johnny Knox getting injured playing against the Seahawks. They said he was being placed on the PUP list and wouldn't be available for at least 6 weeks. I was under the impression that PUP list was only for players that hadn't practiced or played with the team at all.... Can anyone clarify? This would seem to solve some of our temporary roster dilemmas, specifically Rogers and TT.

I hate philthy. The teams, their fans, the city. I don't really mind the cowgurls, they're so dysfunctional I almost pity them. And the foreskins are just an afterthought.

I would just assume that the guys on NFL Network just don't know the rules

Preseason PUP

A player who, as a result of football-related injuries, is unable to take part in training camp practices may be assigned to the preseason PUP list. Players can be moved off the PUP list to the active roster at any time, even after one practice. A player cannot be placed on the PUP list, however, once he has taken the field for a practice, even if only for a few minutes.

Regular-Season PUP

A player who finishes the preseason still on the PUP list can then be placed on the regular-season PUP list. Such players must sit out the first six games their team plays. At that point, teams have a three-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing; from the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional three-week window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season.

Thanks for the reply, oz. I thought that was the way it worked... How the hell does the NFL's own network flub that report?!!

I hate philthy. The teams, their fans, the city. I don't really mind the cowgurls, they're so dysfunctional I almost pity them. And the foreskins are just an afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMetal 40 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, oz. I thought that was the way it worked... How the hell does the NFL's own network flub that report?!!
    The media is typically wherever they reside and for whomever they work................that was probably obvious but since you asked the rhetorical question.
    No one remembers who came in second.