+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RC Watching Jets to see tebow fail

when he plays, for whatever reason, they win......I'm not talking about this pre-season, and I am talking about thus far......until that stops, they hype will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Except Vick has a stronger arm, is a better passer, is a better athlete, runs faster, and is more dynamic. I used to watch the Falcons just to watch Vick play. Even as someone who follows the Florida Gators, Tebow is not nearly as dynamic as Vick is.

I will say this though. Watching Hill sack Tebow during pre-season opened my eyes a bit. Hill ran into a brick wall and hung on for dear life.
    Well, we are certainly damning Vick with faint praise now, albeit rightfully so.

I agree Tebow is not as dynamic. Of course dynamism doesn't really win many football games particularly important ones from the QB spot. Tebow's a brick wall, it's a shame someone didn't convert him into another position, one more built to his skills and makeup. Then again, no one did Vick that favor either.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Well, we are certainly damning Vick with faint praise now, albeit rightfully so.

I agree Tebow is not as dynamic. Of course dynamism doesn't really win many football games particularly important ones from the QB spot. Tebow's a brick wall, it's a shame someone didn't convert him into another position, one more built to his skills and makeup. Then again, no one did Vick that favor either.....
    Vick will be lucky to play 8 games, he's a china doll.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morrison View Post
    Vick will be lucky to play 8 games, he's a china doll.
    Vick is a lot of things but a china doll isnt one of them. The guy, recklessly, gives up his body and he isn't that big. QB's who do that are vulnerable to huge
    body and leg shots. He is not smart in that way.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Vick is a lot of things but a china doll isnt one of them. The guy, recklessly, gives up his body and he isn't that big. QB's who do that are vulnerable to huge
    He also doesn't really have another option. What's he gonna do instead? Sit back in the pocket and pick defenses apart with his great pre-snap defensive reads and his pinpoint accuracy?

I'm sure - that like every other QB in the league - If he could, he would.

He also doesn't really have another option. What's he gonna do instead? Sit back in the pocket and pick defenses apart with his great pre-snap defensive reads and his pinpoint accuracy?

I'm sure - that like every other QB in the league - If he could, he would.
    that may be true but he is not a china doll for doing that. He takes big hits waiting to throw. He doesnt fold or shy away from pressure....whatever the reason. Belive me I dont think he is a very good NFL QB and never did but I will rebutt coments that I think are bogus.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

that may be true but he is not a china doll for doing that. He takes big hits waiting to throw. He doesnt fold or shy away from pressure....whatever the reason. Belive me I dont think he is a very good NFL QB and never did but I will rebutt coments that I think are bogus.
    No argument, I agree; I'm not arguing the toughness point at all. He absolutely does not shy away from contact. My point is simply that he doesn't have a choice. His game is predicated upon it, that's what he brings. If he had an alternative that would take less of a physical toll on him I'm sure he'd avail himself of it.

Veteran
    People love him because he has the heart that every athlete should have...It's just a shame he wasn't born with the corresponding talent. Really, I don't even like him that much and I absolutely hate the Jets but the guy would flat out do absolutely anything to win without thinking twice about it. He would die on the field if he had to. That's why people love him, and I have to respect that.

Remember the broken leg in High School thing, when he came back and finished the game? One of the most mind boggling acts of courage I've ever seen in sports.

No argument, I agree; I'm not arguing the toughness point at all. He absolutely does not shy away from contact. My point is simply that he doesn't have a choice. His game is predicated upon it, that's what he brings. If he had an alternative that would take less of a physical toll on him I'm sure he'd avail himself of it.
    You gotta research "Honey Badgers" - these critters will just keep chomping on a snake that's pumping venom into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbluefan77 View Post
    he is nothing special running the football
    You haven't seen him truck linebackers? The guy is a tank. His presence forces opposing teams to shift focus toward stopping him.

We still haven't seen how the Jets plan on using him this season.

His ego is the problem. He wants to take over games.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 08-29-2012 at 06:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread