+ Reply to Thread

Bills Release Vince Young, Gain Tavaris Jackson

After trading for Tavaris Jackson on Sunday, the Buffalo Bills decided to release Vince Young on Monday morning, according to Young himself. The move will help Buffalo get to 75 players before the deadline of 4 p.m. ET.Young was signed by the Bills in the offseason after backing up Michael Vick with thePhiladelphia Eagles for one forgettable season.
    It's incredible to see how far Young has fallen since being part of the 2006 NFL Draft in which he was picked third-overall by the Tennessee Titans ahead of Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler.
    Young looked promising early in his career with the Titans, leading them to the AFC playoffs in 2007. Unfortunately, his career started to derail with a knee injury and subsequent benching by then-Tennessee head coach Jeff Fisher the following season.
    Young now hits the open market looking for another chance to catch on with a team looking for some quarterback help. At 29 years old, it's certainly not out of the question for the ex-Longhorn.

Read here:
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/8/27/3271565/nfl-roster-cuts-2012-vince-young-buffalo-bills

Tavaris Jackson, IMO, was a good move for the Bills as the backup. That was quick of them letting go Vince Young but I guess the Bills weren't too happy with him. I think Jackson can provide a little more than Young can at this point in football.

what pisses me off is how the Giants made VY look like a flippin' pro-bowler !!!

I hated that game, some real BS right there.

(him and Leinhart were some real busts IMO)

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Very true. I remember that game quite vividly unfortunately.

Good transaction for the Bills though on acquiring Tavaris and releasing VY though.

i dunno, t-Jack's hot doodoo too

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    i dunno, t-Jack's hot doodoo too
    Yeah I would have to agree. I guess we can now officially say that Vince "1 read, tuck and run' Young is a bust! I beat the Titans in hindsight wished they would have taken Cutler--LOL!!
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

I actually like Cutler, but VY and that Dream Scheme thing really did it for me. I mean wasn't this guy just recently on suicide watch ?

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    I actually like Cutler, but VY and that Dream Scheme thing really did it for me. I mean wasn't this guy just recently on suicide watch ?
    Oh I like Cutler as well. I live in Tennessee, near Nashville, and followed him when he was at Vandy. And even though I am a Jersey boy and Giants fan, I was looking for the Titans to draft him. Vanderbilt is not the strongest of football programs, so I pull for the Vandy prospects that are NFL caliber.

As for Vince Young, yeah he is an athlete, and yes he was amazing in that Rose Bowl game vs USC. But the NFL is a whole new ball game. He just could never develop into a good NFL QB. He wanted to rely on his legs too much. He was not good at reading defenses, and did not seem to be a student of the game. And personally, I think Jeff Fisher would have preferred Cutler or Leinart in that draft. Vince was Bud Adams boy.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Maybe there's something to that Wonderlic test . . . . .