+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cut Down Thread

Cut Down Thread

Since no one made 1.

Brandon Mosley placed on IR

CB Antwaun Molden has been cut which isnt good because Tryon is probably making the team and he is awful

Here are 11 cuts
    TE Ryan Purvis, DT Carlton Powell, DB Chris Horton, WR Julian Talley, WR Brandon Collins, TE Christian Hopkins, DB Brandon Bing, DB Jojo Nicolas, RB Joe Martinek, T Joel Reinders, DT Oren Wilson.

Also Canty and Beckum are on the PUP
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 08-27-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Since no one made 1.

Brandon Mosley placed on IR

CB Antwaun Molden has been cut which isnt good because Tryon is probably making the team and he is awful
    I am also disappointed in Tryon thus far. I liked what I saw from him last year before he got hurt but he just looks completely lost this preseason. I am hoping he gets himself together and improves with increased repetitions now that Prince is going to be battling this ankle injury.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 08-27-2012 at 11:46 AM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Mosley on IR? anyone know what his injury is?

the rest of the list doesnt shock me much.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr View Post
    Mosley on IR? anyone know what his injury is?

the rest of the list doesnt shock me much.
    Giants RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYG
    It's worth noting, Mosley's ankle injury didn't keep him from practicing on Sunday. Now he's on IR. #NYG

Only disappointment I have is Martinek. He looked pretty solid. Possibly a PS candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Only disappointment I have is Martinek. He looked pretty solid. Possibly a PS candidate?
    There was no chance that he was going to make the team when the Giants signed him and by releasing him now there is a chance another team could take a look at him. I have a feeling by the timing of his release the Giants probably don't have any plans to put him on the PS.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    There was no chance that he was going to make the team when the Giants signed him and by releasing him now there is a chance another team could take a look at him. I have a feeling by the timing of his release the Giants probably don't have any plans to put him on the PS.
    Well we better hope Andre Brown can be that power back we desperately need...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    It's worth noting, Mosley's ankle injury didn't keep him from practicing on Sunday. Now he's on IR. #NYG
    Interesting. Not the first time the Giants have potentially used IR to keep players without taking a roster spot. They've been accused of abusing it in the past so let's hope they dotted their i's and crossed their t's in Mosley's case.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    Interesting. Not the first time the Giants have potentially used IR to keep players without taking a roster spot. They've been accused of abusing it in the past so let's hope they dotted their i's and crossed their t's in Mosley's case.
    Yup, we did that with Cruz... makes letting Steve Smith go make all the more sense in 2011...

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    They did clarify that he was limited on Sunday for whatever that's worth.

Mosley (ankle) was limited on Sunday. #NYG