+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Chris Canty, Travis Beckum placed on reserve PUP

LINK

Excerpt: "In news that's big, though not surprising in the least bit, Giantsdefensive tackle Chris Canty and tight end Travis Beckum have been placed on the reserve/physically-unable-to-perform list.
    Both players, who are coming off knee surgeries, began training camp on the active/PUP list, which means they counted against the 90-man roster. Now, they won't count against the 75-man roster, a limit they needed to meet today by 4 p.m." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Damn! I didn't realize Canty's injury was THAT bad... Definitely going to need Hendricks. What's up with Austin's back?

Beckummm, shake my head. How many times is this guy going to sit out?

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Beckummm, shake my head. How many times is this guy going to sit out?
    He did tear his ACL in February which normally takes a fully 12 months to recover from the fact that the Giants kept him on PUP instead of IR means he is way ahead of schedule. You can't really blame him in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Snappinnecks View Post
    Damn! I didn't realize Canty's injury was THAT bad... Definitely going to need Hendricks. What's up with Austin's back?
    Giants probably keep 5 DT now then they will have to cut on when Canty returns after week 6

Bummer about Canty. Wanted to see him up and ready. Rocky better light a fire under his big ***.....
    Thought Bekum was going to get an injury settlement before camp even started. Dont get that one at all....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Bummer about Canty. Wanted to see him up and ready. Rocky better light a fire under his big ***.....
    Thought Bekum was going to get an injury settlement before camp even started. Dont get that one at all....
    I doesn't hurt the Giants to keep him on PUP until week 6 to see what his status is then if he's not ready to go they can put him on IR. If he is ready to go they can use him or cut him at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    I doesn't hurt the Giants to keep him on PUP until week 6 to see what his status is then if he's not ready to go they can put him on IR. If he is ready to go they can use him or cut him at that point.
    I realize that I just thought they would cut ties with him by now.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Canty is a big blow. Hopefully he is ready to roll later on.

5trive for Fiv5

I wouldn't bet on that. Remember, Justin Tuck started as a defensive tackle, plays there today as part of the 3rd down NASCAR package, and remains our best DL against the run.