+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dez Bryant Gets a Babysitter

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    The difference between a class organization and clown circus. The Giants would have showed him the door.
    Like they showed LT the door?

The thing you guys absolutely refuse to understand is both sides of the story. In fact, none of you even try.You have automatically painted Bryant a villain because it's easy to listen to ESPN and other media outlets assume that he is, despite the fact that you all know that sports media is more entertainment than journalism.

Everyone here sympahized with LT because he needed help (also we're biased as fans and take care of our own). Well, the same goes for Bryant as well. The difference is Byant isn't a drug addict. He's a troubled kid from a broken home. And another difference is that Bryant isn't too stuck in his way to correct things.

Again, the biggest thing wrong with Bryant stems from lack of sense of discipline and responsibility, yet Bryant AGREED to these restrictions. And anyone following him knows that he's been taking steps to improving that aspect of his life.

And for god's sakes he did not beat his mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Like they showed LT the door?

The thing you guys absolutely refuse to understand is both sides of the story. In fact, none of you even try.You have automatically painted Bryant a villain because it's easy to listen to ESPN and other media outlets assume that he is, despite the fact that you all know that sports media is more entertainment than journalism.

Everyone here sympahized with LT because he needed help (also we're biased as fans and take care of our own). Well, the same goes for Bryant as well. The difference is Byant isn't a drug addict. He's a troubled kid from a broken home. And another difference is that Bryant isn't too stuck in his way to correct things.

Again, the biggest thing wrong with Bryant stems from lack of sense of discipline and responsibility, yet Bryant AGREED to these restrictions. And anyone following him knows that he's been taking steps to improving that aspect of his life.

And for god's sakes he did not beat his mother.
    "Bryant isn't too stuck in his way to correct things".

believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
    "Bryant isn't too stuck in his way to correct things".

believe it when I see it.
    I'm not saying he will, but I'm saying he's young enough.

He's taking the steps toward increasing his responsibility and he really has been for the most part since the end of last season.

I'm curious though... what are you expecting to see change?

What exactly are you looking to see?

I'm not saying he will, but I'm saying he's young enough.

He's taking the steps toward increasing his responsibility and he really has been for the most part since the end of last season.

I'm curious though... what are you expecting to see change?

What exactly are you looking to see?
    I'm waiting to see if he either:

1) accepts the help he is getting (translate: can stand being treated like a 5-year-old) and works hard to change, or
    2) implodes on and off the field as a result of the pressure and being demorilized by the Cowboys organizationm (like Pacman), or
    3) somewhere in between and fades into mediocrity

either way, it's certainly an interesting side show you got going on down there in Texas.

I'm waiting to see if he either:

1) accepts the help he is getting (translate: can stand being treated like a 5-year-old) and works hard to change, or
    2) implodes on and off the field as a result of the pressure and being demorilized by the Cowboys organizationm (like Pacman), or
    3) somewhere in between and fades into mediocrity

either way, it's certainly an interesting side show you got going on down there in Texas.
    1.) He's sort of refused the help he was getting from some Cowboys vets early on, but recently has sought out Novacek to help his on the field struggles.
    2.) He agreed to the restrictions himself, so I doubt that
    3.) Possible. Nothing is impossible. I wouldn't say it's likely though.

Dez Bryant= Justin Blackmon without brain cells LMFAO!!! This guy is very overrated.

1.) He's sort of refused the help he was getting from some Cowboys vets early on, but recently has sought out Novacek to help his on the field struggles.
    2.) He agreed to the restrictions himself, so I doubt that
    3.) Possible. Nothing is impossible. I wouldn't say it's likely though.
    I always liked Novacek maybe he can help the kid. At the end of the day, however, no matter how much help or restrictions or advice or counseling or whatever he gets, there is only one person who can change his behavior and that's him. I personally have nothing against the kid. I don't necessacarily feel sorry for him. I have my own problems. BTW, back in the day when LT was playing and had his issues, I didn't feel sorry for him either. I thought he was an idiot off the field (and apparently still is) especially when he dropped out of rehab and decided to "rehab on the golf course". But, like alot of people I was (and still am) in awe of what he did on the field. he was the best defensive player ever (IMO) and no one has come close to doing what he did (on the field). but I was never someone who idolized or looked up to athletes as role models. They're generally (with some exceptions) not the best source of that. My hero was always my dad and even though he's been dead for 7 years he still is.

I always liked Novacek maybe he can help the kid. At the end of the day, however, no matter how much help or restrictions or advice or counseling or whatever he gets, there is only one person who can change his behavior and that's him. I personally have nothing against the kid. I don't necessacarily feel sorry for him. I have my own problems. BTW, back in the day when LT was playing and had his issues, I didn't feel sorry for him either. I thought he was an idiot off the field (and apparently still is) especially when he dropped out of rehab and decided to "rehab on the golf course". But, like alot of people I was (and still am) in awe of what he did on the field. he was the best defensive player ever (IMO) and no one has come close to doing what he did (on the field). but I was never someone who idolized or looked up to athletes as role models. They're generally (with some exceptions) not the best source of that. My hero was always my dad and even though he's been dead for 7 years he still is.
    Right and I don't think most people have anything against Bryant either. Maybe they have something against the way the media has portrayed him.

I've seen people with real problems. They'll only change when they want to change like you've said. Bryant doesn't have 'real problems', but he's taking steps toward eliminating the small incidents that get blown out of proportion and getting better on the field. He wants to change-- He's taken that initiative himself, and I don't doubt that these guidelines are part of that. Whether or not he'll stick with it will remain to be seen, but the guy gets no credit. He's also not a bad guy either. He reminds me so much of kids I went to high school with in the same situation but just did not have the talent. Not bad guys-- they just didn't have the direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Dez Bryant= Justin Blackmon without brain cells LMFAO!!! This guy is very overrated.
    Blackmon just went to the same school as Bryant. Doesn't have nearly the talent Bryant does and also has 2 DUI's.

Dez Bryant was arrested once (blown out of proportion) and had a scuffle with an annoying rapper once who was heckling him at a night club.

Other than that? He had lunch with Deion once and forgot his cleats at his pro-day (this is why he was labeled trouble in the draft by the way).

the kid has been given a golden opportunity to play in the NFL and at a marque team like the Cowboys. Maybe this will turn a light on in his head and change his attitude and consequently his life and career. If not.....he will just be another wasted talent. I applaud the Cowboys for at least trying to help the kid. Maybe it will work.....and maybe it wont.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

+ Reply to Thread