+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Giants Changes I'd Like To See

No more salsa in the end zone (Parcell's rule-Act like you've been there before) To getr TV time tryhanding the ball to the official and you will be noticed
    No more idiotic wide receiver celebrations because of a caught pass (They are paid to do it)
    No more wild stomps and dances and carrying on after a sack by defensive lineman who get theit butts beaten and then do something like a sack unless the offensive linemen will agree to do the same after a good run block or stopping a defensive lineman from hitting Manning, and also an agreement among QB's to dance after a completion, or a handoff resulting in a great gain by the runner.
    Let the Giants lead the league in "prevent childish celebrations" Want to dance go to a club or something

And before some jump on this ask yourself if you jump up and stomp and dance at your job

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    No more salsa in the end zone (Parcell's rule-Act like you've been there before) To getr TV time tryhanding the ball to the official and you will be noticed
    No more idiotic wide receiver celebrations because of a caught pass (They are paid to do it)
    No more wild stomps and dances and carrying on after a sack by defensive lineman who get theit butts beaten and then do something like a sack unless the offensive linemen will agree to do the same after a good run block or stopping a defensive lineman from hitting Manning, and also an agreement among QB's to dance after a completion, or a handoff resulting in a great gain by the runner.
    Let the Giants lead the league in "prevent childish celebrations" Want to dance go to a club or something

And before some jump on this ask yourself if you jump up and stomp and dance at your job
    Normally, I am with you whole-heartedly. The celebration dances are nonsense and unneeded. However, if this team keeps racking up the Lombardi trophies I really don't care what they do to celebrate as long as they do not get 15 yarders because of it.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Never going to happen players want to draw as much attention to themselves as possible. Look at all the off the field attention Cruz got because of the salsa.

All-Pro
    I hear you but the Giants arent really that bad with what they do....IMO.
    I may be biased tho
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

its all in good fun. Now, if they started to get penalties for it, then it would become a problem. If "old school" Tom Coughlin doesnt have an issue with it, then I certainly dont.

wait...theres actually a giants fan who doesnt like cruz doing the salsa? its not like he does it when we're behind multiple scores (N.O. game for ex.). No offense OP, but when u go to the pool at the hotel on vacation, ur def. the dude telling kids not to jump in bc its against the rules...yeah its a job and yea athletes for the large part dont act professionally. but what cruz does is in good fun. sports are supposed to be fun, remember? dont ruin the game bc society is mucked up to the point ppl who play games all day make 100s of millions of dollars

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    its all in good fun. Now, if they started to get penalties for it, then it would become a problem. If "old school" Tom Coughlin doesnt have an issue with it, then I certainly dont.
    This. Coughlin is an extension of that Parcells mentality anyway. It is why I loved it when they hired Tom as I am a Parcells era junky lol. It looks like I was right to like the hiring as it has panned out championship wise as well as in many other ways identically to the Parcells era.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

My question is why are celebrations so childish?
    I think people don't fully understand what players are going through mentally during games. Huge stadiums filled with fans cheering or booing you, media asking you endless questions, overcoming the pressure of performing on national TV, and so on. Many times, I have seen teams get themselves going by a little celebration after a big play.

I do real estate and yes, after a big transaction, I jump up and stomp my clients out, lol.

I love the celebrations. When playing a sport, you are so amped to score and do something positive in the game, that you don't realize how excited you are and you do all that stuff.

And this is entertainment for the fans. Fans love it.

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    This. Coughlin is an extension of that Parcells mentality anyway. It is why I loved it when they hired Tom as I am a Parcells era junky lol. It looks like I was right to like the hiring as it has panned out championship wise as well as in many other ways identically to the Parcells era.
    Yessir............
    No one remembers who came in second.