+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #27

Does anyone else feel weird seeing a defensive back wearing #27?

As a long-time fan, #27 has always been our power runner's number.

Not that there's anything wrong with that number being on the other side of the ball--it's just sort of an aesthetic clash for me. (sort of like the backwards nike swoosh on the shoulders of the new jerseys).

i dont know but #25 is bad.

Veteran
    Herb Welch was #27!

good to know--he was before my time but i just obtained a lot of games from the 86 season so i'll look out for him haha

27 is brown the guy that got trucked in the endzone
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 9 games

22 rushes for 245yards 3td
    35 pancake blocks
    42 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    8-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season

....a little wierd.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I really dont think hes gonna make the cut

if you look back at the history of this team you will see that 27 is a rarely used number for whatever reason

through the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s ....I can only think of maybe 4 DBs, a few random HBs who probably noone would remember if I named them because they only had a cup of coffee with the team , and of course WR Bob Grim who wore # 27

so Herb Welch is really the first meaningful #27.....followed by of course Rodney Hampton, Ron Dayne, and Brandon Jacobs

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    if you look back at the history of this team you will see that 27 is a rarely used number for whatever reason

through the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s ....I can only think of maybe 4 DBs, a few random HBs who probably noone would remember if I named them because they only had a cup of coffee with the team , and of course WR Bob Grim who wore # 27

so Herb Welch is really the first meaningful #27.....followed by of course Rodney Hampton, Ron Dayne, and Brandon Jacobs
    But we traded Bob Tucker to get Bob Grimm...he had to be good

But honestly I can't really think of many either ...other than ones you mentioned...although i am sure there are a few
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"