View Poll Results: Who takes the last RB spot?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • D. Scott

18 66.67%
  • Andre Brown

2 7.41%
  • DJ Ware

7 25.93%
  • Other

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last RB spot

Last RB spot

Who would you take as the last RB, IF we go 4 backs?

​SORRY GUYS. The question is "who would you want as the last RB spot", NOT "who will be"

I'd take Bradshaw, Wilson, Brown/Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    I'd take Bradshaw, Wilson, Brown/Scott
    I'd prefer this too but I think it's going to be AB, Wilson, Ware and Scott (Scott for his speed and upside over Brown)

Ware and Bradshaw will be the short yardage guys and Wilson and Scott will be the outside threats...imo

I think we cut ties with Ware and even though I like Brown, I think he goes back to PS. I think the Giants go with speed, plus I like what I've seen out of Scott thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I'd prefer this too but I think it's going to be AB, Wilson, Ware and Scott (Scott for his speed and upside over Brown)

Ware and Bradshaw will be the short yardage guys and Wilson and Scott will be the outside threats...imo
    I agree totally . . . althought at first I thought that you meant Andre Brown when you said "AB" . . . . .

Veteran
    I don't see Ware getting cut unless Scott or Brown have been significant enough in blitz pick up during the preseason games.

I'm predicting 4 RB + 1 FB, so i'd see Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware, and Brown. If we take 5+1 somehow, then Scott gets on. That said, Scott is largely redundant with Wilson now here, and although he's plenty fast, Brown offers a different dimension to the RB unit than Scott can offer. Unless they're planning more FB dives to the Hynocerous, we're going to need that power, as Bradshaw can't stay healthy all the time and Ware, while dependable in pass protection (enough to get him a roster spot), is mediocre as a runner in short yardage.

TL;DR: Scott is the odd man out, unless both Scott and Brown have miraculously learned blitz pickup overnight, in which case Ware gets sent off...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I'm predicting 4 RB + 1 FB, so i'd see Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware, and Brown. If we take 5+1 somehow, then Scott gets on. That said, Scott is largely redundant with Wilson now here, and although he's plenty fast, Brown offers a different dimension to the RB unit than Scott can offer. Unless they're planning more FB dives to the Hynocerous, we're going to need that power, as Bradshaw can't stay healthy all the time and Ware, while dependable in pass protection (enough to get him a roster spot), is mediocre as a runner in short yardage.

TL;DR: Scott is the odd man out, unless both Scott and Brown have miraculously learned blitz pickup overnight, in which case Ware gets sent off...
    Brown is not going to make a difference power wise in contrast to what Bradshaw and Ware already bring...Ware put on extra pounds this off season in preparation for Jacobs leaving. When Brown is not playing RB he's certainly not more valuable to the Giants on ST's than Scott would be especially considering Scott's speed. Scott is more valuable in the return game as well as being a gunner.

Just my opinion on the matter for what it's worth but I just don't see what Brown brings to the table that's more valuable than what Scott could bring this team... and in reality how often are they going to turn to Andre Brown in short yardage over Bradshaw and Ware? Andre Brown is expendable IMHO.
    Last edited by titwio; 08-28-2012 at 01:20 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post

Ware is a great back out of the backfield and the best reciever out of all of these guys, i believe wilson does not have good hands. i love all of our backs dj ware has really proved himself so far and u gotta love the new kid and of course bradshaw i just think bradshaw is declining each year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatYale View Post
    I don't see Ware getting cut unless Scott or Brown have been significant enough in blitz pick up during the preseason games.
    WARE is not getting cut guys lets be real, but my question is who do you guys think should be our kick/punt returner? i didnt see hixon do it once, personally i think it should be our 3rd round pick hosely despite the dropped punt, not that serious he didnt do it in college he was probably nervous it was one mistake, lets just hope if he does get the job he doesnt do it come game time, but he is very fast and he is a hard worker.