+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

The giants have the #1 D in the league

When our D played well towards the end of last year we dominated.

Let's look at this team.
    DE-Tuck, Osi, JPP. Incredibly dangerous crew to take a QB out of a game or strip sack them. They are going to start the year all healthy.

Roll, Phillips, Both of them have great coverage and tackling skills

Webster is one of the best coverage corner backs in the NFL, had a bunch of picks last year without taking too many risks.

The jury is still out on prince, but I think he can come in and play at a high level.

Hosley, Will Hill can have a very big impact on the team, they can play at a high level and give the starters some breaks. Tyron is a hard nosed player.

Marcus Thomas is a good pickup, should help until Canty returns.

Williams started making big plays at the end of last year, he will continue to get better.

Rivers looks great, talent wise we have not had a LB like this in years, our system can use him.

If you think about this defence we only really lost one big player from last year and that is Aaron Ross. While I like him I believe he can be replaced by prince and Hosley, and maybe TT if he makes a comeback.

From last year as well the Jets and the Bears game I just see us being a dominant defence. I cant wait to see these guys play.

We have great talent, and great chemistry. It's going to fall down to two things: 1) everyone staying healthy, and 2) Perry Fewell actually utilizing this defense the way it's supposed to...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    We have great talent, and great chemistry. It's going to fall down to two things: 1) everyone staying healthy, and 2) Perry Fewell actually utilizing this defense the way it's supposed to...
    Totally agree with both points, especially the fewell one. There were SO many times last year my gf and i were yelling at the tv saying "WTF why aren't we going after the god**** QB?" lol Thank god he changed it up right before the playoffs.

Banned
    i feel like fewell doesnt blitz enough, in a pass happy league, you gotta blitz the quarterback man and we do not do it enough, kiwanuka should be used like ware is, blitzing 95 percent of the time.

Veteran
    and you've decided this in preseason?
    RD1. DT Aaron Donald PITT / ARD1. CB Justin Gilbert OKST
    RD2. TE Jace Amaro Texas Tech
    RD3. CB Stanley jean Baptiste Nebraska / ADR3. DT Dominique Easley Florida
    RD4. WR Cody Latimer Indiana
    RD.5 DE Ed Stinson Alabama
    RD5B. C/OG Tyler Larsen Utah
    RD6. OLB Kevin Pierre-Louis Boston College

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmooth22 View Post
    i feel like fewell doesnt blitz enough, in a pass happy league, you gotta blitz the quarterback man and we do not do it enough, kiwanuka should be used like ware is, blitzing 95 percent of the time.
    you do understand we run a 4-3 defense right?
    you do know what a 4-3 defense is right?
    you do know what defense is right?

*im sorry that last one was uncalled for, i'm auditioning for the comic relief on the boards....
    BA-DUM-DUM-CHING.........

With everything being equal you might have an arguement. But with our schedule this year? ... Frankly, top 10 would be an amazing accomplishment. Im a giant fan but im first to admit i didnt draft the D.

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    you do understand we run a 4-3 defense right?
    you do know what a 4-3 defense is right?
    you do know what defense is right?

*im sorry that last one was uncalled for, i'm auditioning for the comic relief on the boards....
    BA-DUM-DUM-CHING.........
    Fewell still doesn't like to send extra rushers. He wants at least 7 in coverage every single play. But if you give any QB all day, even Curtis Painter could find someone open. Rushing the passer is what the Giants are built for. Without the pass rush, our defense is nothing. Spags knew how to manage our defense. Fewell needs to learn that. He could work even better wonders on a team with an awesome secondary, but we don't have that, especially with the injuries we seem to suffer back there every season...

It'll probably be a NFCW or AFCN team that has the #1 defense since those divisions usually have strong D's and weak O's to buff up the stats accordingly.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Fewell still doesn't like to send extra rushers. He wants at least 7 in coverage every single play. But if you give any QB all day, even Curtis Painter could find someone open. Rushing the passer is what the Giants are built for. Without the pass rush, our defense is nothing. Spags knew how to manage our defense. Fewell needs to learn that. He could work even better wonders on a team with an awesome secondary, but we don't have that, especially with the injuries we seem to suffer back there every season...
    I hear you and i understand the importance of the rush but this is why we drafted the pass rushers we have and use a rotational DE system to creat pressure with 4 while taking away the quick lanes. and to rush kiwi 95 percent of the time are you okay with that?