+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Bench Player

Martinek will make someone a good back.

Why Ware and Brown are on this team ticks me off. What to heck do they have to offer? Maybe Martinek didn't have what it takes, but he showed me a lot more potential then the other two. Neither of those guys could take that swing pass in like he did. He should have had more of a chance. Brown is a castoff, and Ware should be.

I don't know why he was cut either... I was thinking he'd be a PS candidate, but not cut in the first round like this. It's too bad we already have a beast FB in Hynoski. A good problem for the team to have, but a shame to let such a promising FB go. Best wishes to him in his further career, except against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I don't know why he was cut either... I was thinking he'd be a PS candidate, but not cut in the first round like this. It's too bad we already have a beast FB in Hynoski. A good problem for the team to have, but a shame to let such a promising FB go. Best wishes to him in his further career, except against us.
    well the only way you can sign someone to your practice squad is to cut them and have them clear waivers
    Apologize to Melo 5

You're not privileged to the information the GM/coaches are. Which means simply, they know more than you. If he hasn't beat out anyone, there's a reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by M00KIE View Post
    You're not privileged to the information the GM/coaches are. Which means simply, they know more than you. If he hasn't beat out anyone, there's a reason why.
    Yup. We're not with them, we only get a glimpse at what Martinek did. Maybe the guy doesn't get the playbook ? Maybe he can't pass protect and worse, doesn't want to learn ? Those are speculations, but who knows ?

He still can go to the PS, looks like he's gonna clear waivers too - weird for such a promising young talen, huh ?

I saw nothing from him that led me to believe he was better then any RB on the Giants roster

Quote Originally Posted by shotgundraw View Post
    Yup. We're not with them, we only get a glimpse at what Martinek did. Maybe the guy doesn't get the playbook ? Maybe he can't pass protect and worse, doesn't want to learn ? Those are speculations, but who knows ?He still can go to the PS, looks like he's gonna clear waivers too - weird for such a promising young talen, huh ?
    how does that work? If he clears waivers can they put him right on the PS now or do they have to wait till after final cuts?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    how does that work? If he clears waivers can they put him right on the PS now or do they have to wait till after final cuts?
    after final cuts...when all players are available for waivers

He can actually be claimed by another team now and be recut and have to pass through waivers again
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

After a player clears waivers, he's available to anyone, including his former team. I guess the practice squad is to be announced the day they go to 53, if Martinek is still available friday they could call him.

It seems unlikely (why give the other teams a chance to give him a workout if you want to PS him ?) but it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by shotgundraw View Post
    After a player clears waivers, he's available to anyone, including his former team. I guess the practice squad is to be announced the day they go to 53, if Martinek is still available friday they could call him.

It seems unlikely (why give the other teams a chance to give him a workout if you want to PS him ?) but it's possible.
    Why would the Giants waste a roster space for either a RB thats too slow or a FB thats too small? Or a ST player whose name I never heard once on a kickoff? Some of you guys have really got to take the blinders off man.