+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Terrell Thomas? Coming back or NOT

WHAT is this guys deal, can the guy stay healthy please? we sign the guy and he gets hurt again, why do i hear they might release him? i have heard he might come back, i heard hes not, i heard he is, does anybody know the deal with this dude the last year he played he led all cornerbacks in tackles and deflected passes, our team would be even better if he just remained healthy for once dammit. i dont get it cant we just stay healthy!

well you got a few things going on ... first, the way his contract was structured involves him having to play this season to get most of the money, 2nd it's the same ACL that is the problem, so it could take him more like 8 weeks to just be able to be limited in practice and naturally he hasn't played real football in awhile, so you're probably looking at him not being able to contribute until late in the season, so he would be eating up a roster spot while we just wait and hope

now, im speculating and i hope im wrong, so don't quote me, but suffice to say we have a tough decision with him and naturally the actual doctors will probably be the resource we use to decide what to do
    Apologize to Melo 5

Gman 67 pretty much covered it. I love me some T2, but I think his knee has made the decision for the front office. At this point, the Giants do not even know if he can pass the physical. If they keep him for the entire year they risk having to pay him a large sum come next spring that would prohibit us from resigning a guy like Cruz or KP. He may get IR'd, but it is just as likely he is cut.....unfortunately.

I'm afraid this knee can't be trusted any more.

Today we have 1 CB who's both healthy and NFL starting caliber, that's Webster. I'd guess the coaching staff will want as many healthy CB on the roster as they can, just to have options. To me, that means they can't keep a guy who might not play a snap in 2012 and, well, I think Thomas will be cut this week.

It's starting to look like he will be let go.

Some news I missed, Thomas said it was a "coin flip" between rehab and yet another surgery after his latest injury.

It doesn't sound so good to me.

I forgot about T2.... He might actually be cut this year
    it sucks because he is a quality DB

Quote Originally Posted by ksmooth22 View Post
    WHAT is this guys deal, can the guy stay healthy please? we sign the guy and he gets hurt again, why do i hear they might release him? i have heard he might come back, i heard hes not, i heard he is, does anybody know the deal with this dude the last year he played he led all cornerbacks in tackles and deflected passes, our team would be even better if he just remained healthy for once dammit. i dont get it cant we just stay healthy!
    Cranky are we? lol
    No one remembers who came in second.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Cranky are we? lol
    Lol, that's exactly how I read it too

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Cranky are we? lol
    Ya think???????? :sarcastic:
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80