+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: prince.

prince.

its good to see prince playing for big blue but does anybody think this dude is out of shape after missing all that time to his injury. after all he came out of the packer game for being fatigued.

Re: prince.

He is making no positive impact at this point.

he looks overweight and out of gas already! this isnt college anymore. these receivers in the nfl are all the real deal!

The kid is a work in progress...not like they have much a choice given the endless injuries.

Bench Player

I agree. I know it's way to early to judge this kid but I'm not gonna lie... I absolutely hated that replay of him getting toasted on that deep ball.

He just looked flat out slow there. Little scary. Because you can't teach speed.

But like I said. We should give him a solid year to develope before we totally criticize him.

[quote user="JStyle"]I agree. I know it's way to early to judge this kid but I'm not gonna lie... I absolutely hated that replay of him getting toasted on that deep ball. He just looked flat out slow there. Little scary. Because you can't teach speed. But like I said. We should give him a solid year to develope before we totally criticize him.[/quote]I agree with all of this but right now he reminds me of an old TV show "Lost in Space."

No one remembers who came in second.

Im sorry, anyone who blames him for that long throw knows nothing about covering. Tony Romo had over 6 seconds to throw on that play. No corner in the league can cover a guy for that long consistently.

I haven't been paying close attention to Prince, but everytime I see him he's trailing a WR by about 5 yards.

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Im sorry, anyone who blames him for that long throw knows nothing about covering. Tony Romo had over 6 seconds to throw on that play. No corner in the league can cover a guy for that long consistently.
    [/quote] And the kids a rookie in a year being a rookie is a tad harder with no past offseason workouts and he only practiced 1day before injuring his ankle and now is basically his first taste of NFL anything! Hes about as "rookie" as the term can possibly mean!

Bench Player

Blue Santa, I have to respectfully disagree. As I know a lot about playing defensive back and know a lot about the position in whole from corner to safety to robber(hybrid safety).

First of all it wasn't over 6 seconds ... It was just barely 5 second from the NBC replay on the broadcast.

Second of all when your covering a man whether it's 2 seconds or 10 seconds you should NEVER be 7-8 steps behind him. That's just BAD no matter how you cut it or analyze it.

5 seconds Is a long time but it's not an eternity extended Michael Vick play...

He is not showing any closing speed at all yet. It's a little scary. Dont forget Desean Jackson had Prince beat by 10 steps and Young under threw him by 15 yards causing Prince to get a lucky interception.