+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NYG Tailgating - Definition for an English fan

So I managed to convince the girlfriend to fly to NY for the Giants/Packers game for my birthday!

I'm hearing all about tailgating but no clue how it works as this kind of thing just doesnt happen in English sport!! So a good run though would be good!!

Also, I have a Parking ticket that I wont be using should anyone want it!

Lewis

You'll want to look like someone who the seasoned Giants tailgaters will embrace, and invite over for food, drink, and comraderee. First, you should get a big cheese head hat - because evryone loves cheese! Next - does your girlfriend look good in a cheerleader outfit?

Haha, I'm not sure I could pull off the cheese hat! And as you say everyone loves cheese so the last thing I want is to do cheese an injustice!! And she looks fantastic in a cheerleaders outfit..... but November will be far to cold to put her through that!!

Any other ideas?

Wear a Romo jersey

I'll stick with my NYG 80 I think

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie ray View Post
    You'll want to look like someone who the seasoned Giants tailgaters will embrace, and invite over for food, drink, and comraderee. First, you should get a big cheese head hat - because evryone loves cheese! Next - does your girlfriend look good in a cheerleader outfit?
    LOL LOL LOL......

I can't stop laughing! LOL....

It is one thing to make fun of someone that really is just being annoying or even someone who is actually deserving.....but this person is from a foreign country and he came here asking an honest question ....hoping his fellow fans might help him out and this is how you guys treat him?

he obviously is trying to understand our culture and you guys abuse him....ok maybe abuse isn't right word because it is obvious to most of us that you are not being serious.....but I am quite sure someone on this board could actually answer his question.....If I knew the answer I would do it myself.....but unfortunately I can't

One of you guys should step up and help him
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

OK...
    1st why are you not using your parking pass? By definition, you need to park in the lot in order to tailgate.

Most important is GET THERE EARLY!! At least 3 hrs before kickoff. You need time to set up..time to wander a bit, since it your 1st time. Like go to Legacy Club ( a must). Wander around and visit folks..just stay away from obvious drunks...

Of course plenty of food and drink, or just enough so you can be mobile.

Don't wait too long to go in. Beat the crowd in and enjoy some warm-ups. I usually go in about an hr before kickoff to take in the "feel" for the day. You can often tell how the crowd is going to be that day by checking the atmosphere pregame.

If you can, hand out an hr or so after game for post game tailgate...let the crowd disperse, enjoy some good food and bask in the glory of victory!!

Have a great time!

PS..If you don't have hotel yet, consider staying near stadium in Jersey. Much cheaper and easier to get to and from stadium, yet still easy to get in and out of The City if you have chance.

Hope this helps.

Load up your car (ideally an SUV) with two coolers, one with beer and booze and the other with all the food you can eat in a three hour time frame, a grill, chairs, table, football, plates, plasticware, cups, etc... Basically you are going to be setting up shop behind your car and spending 2-5 hours eating, drinking, and ****ing around.

Pull into the lots 3-4 hours before the game (get a parking pass on ebay or craigslist. you NEED this to get into the tailgating lots). Find a parking space and set up your area. Turn on the radio to 660 am or crank your favorite tunes. Fire up the grill and start pounding beers!

Now, this is a standard tailgate that most people do. There are others that take things to a whole different level. We're talking about a motor home with canopy and side tents, huge grills, full bar, giant speakers cranked and a couple of dozen people partying.

since you are traveling from far away, I assume there is a chance you don't have a car. If this is the case, still show up several hours before the game. Find one of the big tailgate partys. Look for one with at least 20 people, this will help you blend in better. Strike up a conversation with someone there, and casually ask who is in charge or running the tailgate. approach that guy and introduce yourself. Now say, "hey man, if I slip you a couple of bucks, can we hang with you guys and have a couple of beers." Give him about $20 a head. chances are he will have no problem with this and you will be drinking and stuffing your face within minutes.

The best place to find these bigger tailgates is at the end of rows where the lots are divided by big sidewalks.

Enjoy.

You NEED the parking pass to actually tailgate. Its very easy. Bring a cooler with beers/drinks, introduce yourself to one of the thousands of cars in the lot that have party going on and join in the fun. Get there at least 3 hours before the game and get to it.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch