+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50
  1. #1

    D.Scott is way better than DJ Ware!

    Looking at the last 2 preseasons, Scott is a much better option than Ware or Brown. He has gamebreaking speed and is always a threat to take it to the house. He had one shot in the regular season. He got a first down on one run and fumbled on the other. I just see much more upside in his game than either Brown or Ware.....If he doesn't make the cut, it would be a shame. He will be picked up quickly.....

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDiesel View Post
    Looking at the last 2 preseasons, Scott is a much better option than Ware or Brown. He has gamebreaking speed and is always a threat to take it to the house. He had one shot in the regular season. He got a first down on one run and fumbled on the other. I just see much more upside in his game than either Brown or Ware.....If he doesn't make the cut, it would be a shame. He will be picked up quickly.....
    The problem is, you can't go into the season with Bradshaw, Wilson, Scott, and Brown. You need some experience behind Bradshaw. Ware provides that. He isn't great, his legs will not win us games, but we need I'm on the team as insurance. It's pretty evident Scott and Brown are fighting for one spot. You will probably see alot of both of them in the final pre season game.

  3. #3
    Being better and having more upside are 2 different things ... I agree on the latter, not the former.
    I think he'll stick.

    Yes he's fast. Can he pick up a blitz ? Or recognize a blitz and run a hot read to offer his QB a checkdown option ? Not sure about that.

  4. #4
    Scott also offers a different running style. He hits the hole and gets vertical. He would be my first option on third and short yardage.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by shotgundraw View Post
    Being better and having more upside are 2 different things ... I agree on the latter, not the former.
    I think he'll stick.

    Yes he's fast. Can he pick up a blitz ? Or recognize a blitz and run a hot read to offer his QB a checkdown option ? Not sure about that.
    I completely agree. The other issue is we only see what happens with guys on game day no one on these boards knows what goes on in practice. Its impossible to say that Scott is way better than ware based solely on what he did the last 2 preseasons against 3rd and 4th string guys that aren't NFL players. I would rather go into the season with a guy that has experience playing in big NFL games and more importantly a guy the coaching staff trusts to protect Eli.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    I completely agree. The other issue is we only see what happens with guys on game day no one on these boards knows what goes on in practice. Its impossible to say that Scott is way better than ware based solely on what he did the last 2 preseasons against 3rd and 4th string guys that aren't NFL players. I would rather go into the season with a guy that has experience playing in big NFL games and more importantly a guy the coaching staff trusts to protect Eli.
    Well let me agree with you too and add that beyond practice, there's the playbook.
    I'm pretty certain Ware knows all the 500 plays he's supposed to know. Can the same be said about Scott or Wilson ? I'm pretty sure that it's "no".

    I want Ware on the field on 3rd & 12 picking up that blitzing safety. Not Scott wondering if you pick up blitzers fom inside out or the other way around ...

  7. #7
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    No mans land
    Posts
    24,957
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDiesel View Post
    Looking at the last 2 preseasons, Scott is a much better option than Ware or Brown. He has gamebreaking speed and is always a threat to take it to the house. He had one shot in the regular season. He got a first down on one run and fumbled on the other. I just see much more upside in his game than either Brown or Ware.....If he doesn't make the cut, it would be a shame. He will be picked up quickly.....
    you have nothing really to base that opinion on. havent seen him enough in REAL games to make that assumption.
    He is faster....thats all I can really say with confidence...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  8. #8
    I like Scott too, but TC gave him a couple of opportunities last season and he put the ball on the carpet. One way ticket to TC's doghouse.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDiesel View Post
    Scott also offers a different running style. He hits the hole and gets vertical. He would be my first option on third and short yardage.
    Of the 5 HBs on the roster right now, Scott is the last one I'd go to on 3rd and short. Lack of power, ball security issues...not a great option in that situation. Right now, I'd have to say Wilson would be my top preference on 3rd and short...followed by Bradshaw, and then Ware...

  10. #10
    In short yardage, the issue is the OL, we'd be better off just passing the freaking ball ... :biggrin:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts