+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Greetings(Dal vs NY)

Hey guys, longtime Cowboy fan here. I have occasionally read yall's forums during our match-up week for my entertainment
    I want to say "good luck" on wed nite and I hope we both escape w/o any severe injuries. I am not one of those obnoxious fans who think they know it all, I am able to to find the negatives and positives and come to realistic conclusions about a particular game.

I am also a NY Mets fan, so I am not anti-New York, love the city really. I am from Houston and recently, me and the wife moved to the SF area.

Now, on to the game: I expect a hard fought dogfight like most of our games that should come down to the final minutes. We do not know what we have in Claiborne yet, he is getting thrown into shark infested waters for his first game. Carr, I think he will be solid and I am hoping Jenkins can play to help out our secondary, they are going to need it. I am mostly concerned with our front defensive 7 more than our offensive line for this game. Ratliff and Spencer are banged up and we really only have Lee playing at LB. We did lose Brookings finally and I pray we have a better replacement, still don't know.

Dez and Miles will play, but I would not place a bet on Austin actually finishing the game. His hammy will undoubtedly get re-injured soon. I want Nicks to play (on my FF team) and not get hurt more than he is. I am still on the fence if we win this one or not, things will have to go our way in order to do so. We have to keep penalties down, non-critical turnovers, and decent O-line protection for both the pass and the run. Maybe we get yas on an over-emotional night and catch them off-guard and escape with a win.

This game will definitely set the tone right off the bat, it is a shame we have to play week 1, but it is what it is. Cheers to getting past this game still intact and moving on to bigger things: embarrassing the Philthy EGals !

Greetings. Glad to have you on these forums. Agree that it will be a good game as always. Our Secondary is banged up so you could hit for some long ones if you can keep our DLine off romo. All 3 of our key Rushers have injuries and none have practiced or played much. JPP missed last two preseason games and Osi and tuck missed the last one. Tuck with shoulder, JPP back and Osi with hammy I think. Nicks says he is playing but foot still,bothering him so who knows how effective he would be. You guys have your share of banged up guys as well so it evens out. All and all I expect a hard fought back and forth game decided late by a FG.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Demarco Murray looks like the real deal ... i hope he doesn't slow down our pass rush ... yeah, Nicks is in pain and normally i would be worried, but he's really been a fast healer, so i just feel he will make it through and get better in the weeks ahead ... he'll have 10 days off after this one

we are concerned about your secondary upgrades ... we've had some fun in recent years, but as great as Eli is ... he still occasionally likes to share the ball with the other team

our o-line is not in great shape right now ... Beatty's back, Diehl changing positions again Locklear, a recent Skins castoff starting at the all important LT, Boothe going from good depth guy to starting LG ... Baas was disappointing last year and i havent realy seen signs that he is going to be much improved this year

ah but we have this stud TE ... watch out !

now our new guys, well we are excited about them Wilson is bad fast and breaks tackles, Hosley can ball and Randle is a nice big target

good luck and remember when one window closes another window opens
    Apologize to Melo 5

OLine is a MAJOR Concern. Eli can't get the ball to all those weapons he has if guys our in his face as soon as he touches the ball
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

welcome to the boards and gl wed...sorta lol

Welcome to the board guy! Enjoy your stay and we shall see who will prevail this Wednesday. Go Giants!

should be a good close game. If its not then one of the teams is messing up real bad......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Welcome. Share our popcorn?

Banned
    ok i know some of yall dont like me but i aint trying to be labled as a "troll" or such. i am actually excited cause i think its gonna be a great game. in my opinion, who ever wins at the line is gonna win the game. not eli vs romo. and no, i dont wanna see anyone get injured. just a great game. hoping Dallas wins lol.....gl

Bench Player
    You could start by stopping with "y'all". Its hillbilly and silly. If you are trying to say "you all", that too is wrong, as it's redundant.

I thought it was just dirty south slang.. but I even see "y'all" typed in newspapers in the rebel states.