+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

The Cowpuke Fans

So I am over on CowboysZone.com and reading a thread:Moving on to the Giants game. Anyways there are some real funny Cowboys Fans on there and even one who is telling all the others to lay money down on the Giants. They are arguing with each other on how Eli is Elite. They arent even talking about their own QB!!! LMAO.Here is his post:lmao:.
    InmanRoshi
    Zone Scribe

Feel free to put your money where your mouth is. Last I checked the Giants were about +1500 moneyline odds to win the Superbowl. They're basically returning the same team. They have elite playmakers at WR and Defensive pass rush, so they should easily cakewalk to another Superbowl once Eli decides to flip on his magical "clutch switch" when it matters, like some people claim he does. This should be easy money for you guys.

Last edited by InmanRoshi : 20 Hours Ago at 04:46 PM.

"KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Luv it! I wanna put money on how many times we sack Romo.

Always a fun thread when the sides are split down the middle.

Most of those guys are pretty knowledgable about all things Cowboys, but most of them couldn't tell you the current state of things elsewhere in the NFL.

i been going over there alot and just reading how they view there team and ares its entertaining

Following that forum actually LOL.

Bench Player
    The top notch well informed Cowboys/Football fans are on cowboys-forum....not cowboyzone. I've actually been thrown off of CZ for calling out stupid homers in the past.

Go to CF....and sign up. There are extremely good football minds on that board.....that will give you mostly the striaght dope on what is and isn't happening in big D.

I will say this.....until proven otherwise the Giants are the team of the NFC.......and they deserve that. But.....if you think you are going to see the same Cowboys team you saw last year, you are VERY mis-informed about the Cowboys offseason. The Giants MVP in beating Dallas last year was Terrence Newman.....a Cowboy. A corner who should have been replaced two years prior. The Giants offense rightfully exploited a raging hole in our pass D. That hole will not be there this year. Regardless of injuries...and blah blah blah.....our secondary will be significantly improved.....and had that been the case last year....big blue would have have been sittin home in the playoffs. That's no homer BS.....that's the truth.

This will be Jason Garett's first full offseason/camp as HC.......and second season of having the last say in all player personell decision's. He is big time old school (not unlike Coughlin) and he is building a solid team.....the likes Dallas has not seen in 16-17 years. There is going to be some tight contest in the NFCE this year.

And.......you should not be surprised if your Giants do not win this Wednesday. : )

Good post Boys fan. Not much I could debate you on there. But...I doubt very much that had it been Dallas that had won the NFCE, that you wouldn't have advanced past GB in their house. Your front 4 would not have put nowhere near the pressure on Rogers that we did, Our D, once fully healthy, was just the best in the NFL for the last 6 weeks of the season. Just don't see your D stopping GB, we almost beat them in our 38-35 loss & the only reason the score wasn't worse in the playoff game is that the refs gift wrapped them their 2 TDs with BS calls. Giants should have won that game 44-6!

NE & GB are very finesse teams & can only be beaten by smashmouth teams & that's why the Giants have whooped both during both SB runs.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Good post Boys fan. Not much I could debate you on there. But...I doubt very much that had it been Dallas that had won the NFCE, that you wouldn't have advanced past GB in their house. Your front 4 would not have put nowhere near the pressure on Rogers that we did, Our D, once fully healthy, was just the best in the NFL for the last 6 weeks of the season. Just don't see your D stopping GB, we almost beat them in our 38-35 loss & the only reason the score wasn't worse in the playoff game is that the refs gift wrapped them their 2 TDs with BS calls. Giants should have won that game 44-6!

NE & GB are very finesse teams & can only be beaten by smashmouth teams & that's why the Giants have whooped both during both SB runs.
    Hey listen....also can not disagree with you. Our D line was actually good....when you look at it's combination of sacks and run stopping together. And as you know......a good secondary (does not have to be elite) helps your D line....and vise versa. Our secondary didn't contribute to jack ****....and they would have absolutely been raped by GB or the Saints. The Giants Dline is so much better than your secondary.....that it was still able to cover your pass D weaknesses. That's what any good team can hope to have....is the ability to compensate.

That's why I was more than ok with us not making the playoffs. We did not stand a chance against the solid passing teams.......and we really needed a solid draft position to continue Garretts rebuild. (remember Garrett was a first year coach with no real offseason to address it's weaknesses and there were plenty) Most of us realistic fans went into last season expecting anything from 8 wins to 10 tops. So for us to have even been viaing for a playoff spot was kinda of a treat......albiet a bitter treat.

Quote Originally Posted by STAR WARS View Post
    The top notch well informed Cowboys/Football fans are on cowboys-forum....not cowboyzone.
    lol, no. :lmao:

Sadly, unrealistic, super homer, rose colored eye glass wearing Boys fans seem to be the majority on some of the boards I visit. Many of them are predicting 12+ wins for your team, while realisticaly looking at that schedule, I see 8-8 at best again. We have the toughest schedule in the NFL while the freaking SB runner up, NE has the easiest! How the heck did the NFL come up with that one?

If the Giants can field a healthier team than last yr, I see a 10 win season for us, maybe 11 & a playoff spot. And getting to the dance is all we need! Giants have shown they are road warriors when it comes to the post season and have been knocking off #1-#2 seeds in both 07 & 11.

As for Wednesday, hope your D is ready for Mr Wilson, have a feeling he's gonna inflict some heavy damage on your Boys.

Also, alot of people seem to forget that the 08 Giants were way better than the one who beat NE in 07' & were steamrolling the NFL with an 11-1 record & then that idiot went & shot himself & our great chance to win back to back SBs. Though we went 12-4 with the #1 seed in the NFC, we just didn't have the depth at WR with Plax gone & the Eagles were able to take advantage of that and KO us 23-11 in the divisional rd. A healthy Plax , we beat Philly, & woulda had the Az Cards coming into the freezing Meadowlands, we woulda killed them in the NFC title game & gone on to beat a Steeler team that we had beaten earlier that season in their house, in the SB.

I will never forgive Plax for ruining what could have been a great chance at back to back SB titles.
    Last edited by Parademon; 09-01-2012 at 09:14 PM.