Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Football.. America's #1 sport??

For many, many,many years.....baseball has been dubbed America's #1sport. Basketball had a good/short run (Jordan era), but it seemssince the turn of the centuryfootball has stole the crown from baseball. </P>

I still hear on TV that baseball is America's game, but I beg the differ. Yes, it is a great event, I just feel football is America's #1 sport. </P>

There are just too many baseball games. Seems there is no real importance until Sept. and by than football has taken over.</P>

My vote is in..........Football is America's #1 sport and will be forever.</P>

All-Pro

Re: Football.. America's #1 sport??

football is the best it should be americas #1 sport

Bench Player

Baseball is just way to boring to be my favorite sport and there's no contact in Basketball.

Football all the way.

if it isnt it should be

I guess until all the oldtimers go baseball will be the "America's Game"...but they aren't even close to best in the world anymore.

I say the true says America sport has to be NASCAR...but NFL has to be right there. <font color="#ff0000">I thought after David Beckham signed soccer might take over</font>

As popular as football has become, baseball is and always will be America's past time. They are like 1 and 1a. Football has grown in popularity, but the season is too short, it is only played once a week, and is only popular in America.Football is an incredible sport, but I don't see it becoming more popular than baseball.

[quote user="bansaw"]I guess until all the oldtimers go baseball will be the "America's Game"...but they aren't even close to best in the world anymore.

I say the true says America sport has to be NASCAR...but NFL has to be right there. <FONT color=#ff0000>I thought after David Beckham signed soccer might take over</FONT>
    [/quote]</P>

Nascar is only popular in certain parts of the country. Only die hard fans of the sport enjoy cars going around an oval track 200 times. I don't think Nascar is really impressive anyway. I can drive a car fast too, but I am not crazy and want to make a living doing it. I know it takes certain skill to move up the field and be able to pass other racers, but hitting a round ball with a round bat is the hardest thing to do athletically. If you fail 7 out of 10 times, you are a great player.</P>

[quote user="BigBlue9280"]

[quote user="bansaw"]I guess until all the oldtimers go baseball will be the "America's Game"...but they aren't even close to best in the world anymore.

I say the true says America sport has to be NASCAR...but NFL has to be right there. <FONT color=#ff0000>I thought after David Beckham signed soccer might take over</FONT>
    [/quote]</P>

Nascar is only popular in certain parts of the country. Only die hard fans of the sport enjoy cars going around an oval track 200 times. I don't think Nascar is really impressive anyway. I can drive a car fast too, but I am not crazy and want to make a living doing it. I know it takes certain skill to move up the field and be able to pass other racers, but hitting a round ball with a round bat is the hardest thing to do athletically. If you fail 7 out of 10 times, you are a great player.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I actually think I read that NASCAR is the most popular sport in the US, go figure.</P>

Baseball is 'America's pastime', but football, in my opinion, is the epitome of American sports. I feel like the shorter season helps build the hype up for each game.</P>

All-Pro

u know how many injurys there would be if the season had more games </P>

[quote user="BigBlue9280"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

Nascar is cool to watch with loud surround sound. I don't consider it a sport tho.</P>