+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Do you think Nicks should play in the 4th preseason game?

I really kinda of don't want him to I 'm afraid of further injury, but I also think he kinda of needs it. It's a scary situation. thoughts.......

if the 1s play a series or two, yes. if the starters arent playing, itd make no sense for him to play.

also, i think he would face harder competition in practice than 4th string Patriots. And, in practice, we can control the contact on him...i vote no

I would say no as well. We know what he is capable of. This is the opprtunity for the 2's, 3's and whoever else is out their to show what they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    if the 1s play a series or two, yes. if the starters arent playing, itd make no sense for him to play.

also, i think he would face harder competition in practice than 4th string Patriots. And, in practice, we can control the contact on him...i vote no
    Thats what I was thinking too but do you really think the starters are going to go out there in the last preseason game? I want to see how he cuts and jumps and his speed but not at risk of injury. I never really got the sitting yours starters for the last game because they'll be sitting for two weeks, it would be nice to see them for a series or two hopefully they have two TD drives to stick it in BB face lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I would say no as well. We know what he is capable of. This is the opprtunity for the 2's, 3's and whoever else is out their to show what they can do.
    Yeah I kinda of want to see what the other guys got but g420 has a point that he kinda has to play a little football to see if he's ready. I will say this if Eli and the other starters don't start and he does that makes me worried cause BB will put all the focus on him and they will hit him hard cause that is just the way BB is he's still bitter so watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Thats what I was thinking too but do you really think the starters are going to go out there in the last preseason game? I want to see how he cuts and jumps and his speed but not at risk of injury. I never really got the sitting yours starters for the last game because they'll be sitting for two weeks, it would be nice to see them for a series or two hopefully they have two TD drives to stick it in BB face lol.
    eh. i dunno. the season is a long grind. i think the little break is somewhat needed. its not like they arent practicing still...i dont want to see some bobo 4th stringer try to make a name for himself and chop out nicks knees or try to jack him up...not worth it.
    maybe i'd be cool with it if the qb was told "DO NOT THROW IT TO NICKS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE" and just let nicks get out there run some routes vs live coverage...

The starters should not play at all; this is a game for players who are on the fence with making the team. As for Nicks, it's completely up to him; if he feels that a few series would be good for him then do it.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    The starters should not play at all; this is a game for players who are on the fence with making the team. As for Nicks, it's completely up to him; if he feels that a few series would be good for him then do it.
    Maybe knock a little rust off, get in, get out, get ready for Dallas.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    eh. i dunno. the season is a long grind. i think the little break is somewhat needed. its not like they arent practicing still...i dont want to see some bobo 4th stringer try to make a name for himself and chop out nicks knees or try to jack him up...not worth it.
    maybe i'd be cool with it if the qb was told "DO NOT THROW IT TO NICKS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE" and just let nicks get out there run some routes vs live coverage...
    Yeah your right I just don't want them to be rusty but they looked very ready against the Bears and I believe in T.C. One thing we can agree on is that if he is playing with the second and third units I'll be pissed cause like you said there will be some 4th stringer trying to take him out. Still glad he's ready just can't wait for the 5th.

No. Why risk it for a meaningless game?