+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: Aren't the patriots pretty much guarenteed playoffs?

  1. #21
    Veteran Cool Papa B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,709
    With their cream-puff schedule, the Patriots could probably sleep walk to a 11-5 record. Though there are no sure things in sports, I think the patriots are as close to a lock for the playoffs as you can be.

  2. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Posts
    1,151
    The Patriots and 49ers could go 7-9 and still win their divisions. Maybe even 6-10

  3. #23
    Starter Rod-Diggity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants5699 View Post
    The Patriots and 49ers could go 7-9 and still win their divisions. Maybe even 6-10
    nah I think the nfc west is gonna improve this yr, I see the rams being better with a healthy bradford and steve smith. I can see jeff fisher turning that franchise around. Seahawks are gonna be better aswell russell wilson looks like the real deal, even if he struggles flynn looks solid and the cards are always tough no matter who's their qb. Much tougher division than ppl think

  4. #24
    Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    181
    Brady might start getting more timid of that Bills' D-Line. Hopefully they can rattle him up. We all know how Brady loves pressure.

  5. #25
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    5,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod-Diggity View Post
    nah I think the nfc west is gonna improve this yr, I see the rams being better with a healthy bradford and steve smith. I can see jeff fisher turning that franchise around. Seahawks are gonna be better aswell russell wilson looks like the real deal, even if he struggles flynn looks solid and the cards are always tough no matter who's their qb. Much tougher division than ppl think

    I'm not sure I would consider "the division sucks less this year" and "the division is good" to be the same thing.

  6. #26
    Does the NFL just hate the Giants & wants Brady to tie Montana & Bradshaw with 4 SB wins? HTF do the Giants get the toughest schedule in the NFL & the Pats the easiest? Fine, we're the champs, give us a tough schedule, but shouldn't the SB runnerup get the 2nd toughest schedule instead of the easiest?


    I see them going 13-3 with #1 seed again! S'Ok, guess we'll have to perform the Trifecta & hand them a 3rd straight SB loss at our hands.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Does the NFL just hate the Giants & wants Brady to tie Montana & Bradshaw with 4 SB wins? HTF do the Giants get the toughest schedule in the NFL & the Pats the easiest? Fine, we're the champs, give us a tough schedule, but shouldn't the SB runnerup get the 2nd toughest schedule instead of the easiest?


    I see them going 13-3 with #1 seed again! S'Ok, guess we'll have to perform the Trifecta & hand them a 3rd straight SB loss at our hands.
    People are still on this ****, there is a formula to decide who plays who, The afc east sucks right now 6 easy games right off the bat

  8. #28
    Actually, the vast majority of AFC teams stink. Top tier teams yr in/yr out have been mostly NE/Pitt/Ravens & prior to Manning's injury, the Colts. NFC is the more powerful conference the past few yrs. Yeah, I know all about the fixed schedules but somehow, it always seems that NE always gets an easy schedule every yr. But like I said, the NFC has the better teams overall & that's why the Giants have beaten NE the last 3 times they've played. Giants play their NFC rivals 6 times a yr & those are alway tough regardless of W-L record, then they play the likes of GB/SF/NO like every yr or every other yr.

    Reasons NE wins 12+ games every yr is due the fact that they annually end up either sweeping the week AFCE with maybe only the Jets or Bills splitting a game with em every other. So a 6-0 or 5-1 div record makes it misleading when they win 12 or more, cuz 50% or more of their wins come vs inferior opponents.

    They whooped an 8-8 Broncos team in the div rd but then had a much tougher time vs the much better & more physical Ravens. Brady had his worst game of the yr in that AFC title game & if not for the Ravens WR & Kicker having brain farts on back to back plays, should have lost that game.

    So yeah, barring any serious injuries to any of their key starters, NE should once again roll into the post season, but will either fall to the more physical AFC teams such as Pitt/Ravens, even the Texans in the playoffs. And should they make it to the SB, either the Giants/GB/SF or NO will take em out.
    Last edited by Parademon; 09-02-2012 at 03:54 PM.

  9. #29
    yeah we were only 9-7, but 4-0 vs. the AFC Least ... they got it real cushy over there
    Apologize to Melo 5

  10. #30
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    70
    I did research on last years toughness of schedule by counting the wins of each team they played, guess which 3 had it the easiest? The Packers,Saints and Patriots -_-

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts