+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Top NY Giants Playoff Moments(Video)

I would have switch #1 and #2 (or just had them in a tie for #1) to be honest... other than that great list. I don't know all the 21 and 25 great moments by heart tthough...

Only things I saw missing were the two Hail Mary attempts (the one to Nicks against GB, and the failed one by Brady in the SB). Also the Chase Blackburn Interception...

Veteran
    They are all such wonderful moments - I don't care the order the all give me chills. Thanks for putting it together - its a great video.

Otis Anderson winding up to uppercut Kelso is a moment I hope to never forget. I had scene stiff arms and even tacklers close line guys - but to see a running back decide not to juke a guy or out run him, but to wind up and throw an uppercut was UNREAL.

Ingrams effort on third down was another moment I just love - the heart it took to fight through all those tacklers - special.

I always remember AP's effort in getting through 2 hulking o lineman in 2007 in Green Bay to make a one armed tackle on a screen with almost no other defenders in sight.

Tynes kicking the 47 yarder in GB and bucks call actually had me cheering at the comp.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I would have switch #1 and #2 (or just had them in a tie for #1) to be honest... other than that great list. I don't know all the 21 and 25 great moments by heart tthough...Only things I saw missing were the two Hail Mary attempts (the one to Nicks against GB, and the failed one by Brady in the SB). Also the Chase Blackburn Interception...
    All great moments in NYG history! But I agree that without number 2 on list number one can't happen. Also I think Phil McKonkies ricochet td catch vs Denver in SB belongs on this list somewhere.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    All great moments in NYG history! But I agree that without number 2 on list number one can't happen. Also I think Phil McKonkies ricochet td catch vs Denver in SB belongs on this list somewhere.
    To be fair, Buck's call on the Burress TD is just plain iconic... probably one of the few calls where most people would take Buck's commentary over Papa's.

Manning lobs it, Burress, alone, TOUCHDOWN!!!

Brilliant video!! You got 1 and 2 perfectly, don't listen to them.

If I had to offer some criticism (which I will) I'd say there's many of us who were too young to remember the first two SB's well. Maybe set it up with a little situational screen. Game, quarter, down/distance, score. Also, some of the footage is rough, there's got to be better out there.

Having been an *******, now I can say thanks for a great video!! Hope there's more.

Veteran
    There's more but hard to choose 1 or another. Arguably any of these can be top 15 just as easily:

Nicks Hail Mary, Tynes' second NFC Title winning FG (was facing the same goal posts on the same field as Bahr, wearing Bahr's number with the same stakes on the line), McConkey's TD & the flea flicker McConkey caught in XXI, Steve Smith 3rd & 11 1st down before the Plax Super Bowl TD, Sehorn Int vs Philly, Dixon's kick returns for TD's against Philly, Bradshaw's sitting down TD, Marshall hit on Montana.

By the way, when you are on the page to view the clip linked by OP, there is another clip linked for top 10 most feared tacklers: Lawrence Taylor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n826E...eature=related
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 08-29-2012 at 01:39 PM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    They are all such wonderful moments - I don't care the order the all give me chills. Thanks for putting it together - its a great video.

Otis Anderson winding up to uppercut Kelso is a moment I hope to never forget. I had scene stiff arms and even tacklers close line guys - but to see a running back decide not to juke a guy or out run him, but to wind up and throw an uppercut was UNREAL.
    While I love that moment as well, the situation was not as big as some others. The uppercut is a good testosterone jolt no doubt but OJ was shredding them and that was going to be an easy 1st down and plenty more with or without the upper cut.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 08-29-2012 at 11:39 AM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

I always loved this one.

Jason Sehorn's interception Giants vs. Eagles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2r8Ft5wWs

Good list, and great to watch again.

I do think, though, the Sehorn intercept v Eagles and the Nicks "hail Mary" catch right at halftime v Packers should be on any list of "Top Playoff Plays". They are both plays when--at the time I saw them in real time--I just knew we would go on to win the game. They were both obvious back-breaking game changers, you could see it at the time.