+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remember Steve Smith #12?

Really thought he would be a career Giant and possibly one of the best WR's they've ever had......even when he left for Philthy......thought he'd comeback after the one year deal and be in blue again......I was ready to accept him back too......talked myself into it......I was wrong on so many levels......

Sorry for reminiscing.....I was watching '07 and '08 highlights last night......sigh.......

Haven't heard of him all summer to be honest...

The Giants moved on and haven't looked back. Steve Smith did a lot of good for us, who can forget the huge 3rd down he had in the super bowl. But the way he left and the choice of teams (Eagles) left a bad taste in many Giants fans mouth. Now he's with the Rams and seems to be finally 100% healthy from the knee injury. I wish him nothing but the best.

I saw his name towards the bottom of a Fantasy Football WR rankings list. I thought he was going to be Eli's security blanket. Which honestly speaks volume of Eli's leadership, pride, and overall QB skill. When everyone thought the Giants would falter after losing Plaxico, then Steve Smith, Eli was the constant piece that held the offense together. He worked with new inexperienced WR (Nicks, Cruz) to make them who they are today. I dont know where this team would be without Eli

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    The Giants moved on and haven't looked back. Steve Smith did a lot of good for us, who can forget the huge 3rd down he had in the super bowl. But the way he left and the choice of teams (Eagles) left a bad taste in many Giants fans mouth. Now he's with the Rams and seems to be finally 100% healthy from the knee injury. I wish him nothing but the best.
    Agreed.

Not to stir the pot, but it's up to Smith's agent to find him the best deal, and apparently, Reese's offer wasn't the best deal.

Oh well....things turned out pretty well for the G-Men in his absence. Smith will be a good fit with the Rams though.....might take him in the late rounds in my FF league.

he is done he sucks. his window is over
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 9 games

22 rushes for 245yards 3td
    35 pancake blocks
    42 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    8-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season

Veteran
    Wait, who?

He is doing well with The Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by Napstew View Post
    He is doing well with The Rams.
    he has the same stats as barden which isnt saying much... look im still not over him leaving us ok?? lol
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 9 games

22 rushes for 245yards 3td
    35 pancake blocks
    42 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    8-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season

Remember Kevin Boss #89?