+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Do NOT give up on Jernigan...

I know we have a real logjam at WR, but I'm telling you, JJ is going to be a very good and explosive player sooner than later.

Comparing him to Sinorice Moss is just ridiculous. He's got so much more potential.

I know everyone seems to have a man-crush on David Douglas. I like him, too. But Jernigan has a much bigger upside. I was blown away by him in college and thought we hit the lotto when we drafted him.

Yeah, he's mishandled a few punts. Scary. But his risk/reward ratio is so much greater.

Think of it this way...David Douglas returning punts, I believe, is going to be like Phil McConkey. Sure-handed but not really a threat to break the big one at any time.

JJ, on the other hand, may make us squeeze our anuses a little tighter on some punt returns, but I guarantee he will break some huge returns if given the chance. Plus, he's going to be a dangerous weapon in the passing game. Trust me.

What's your risk or comfort level? I'd rather go for the gusto and attack rather than play it safe. Our return game has been too boring and vanilla for too many years.

C'mon, let's give JJ a real shot. Who's with me?

Hope he has a big game tonight.

IM NOT we were just have a discussion about him in another thread. he has DONE NOTHING this preseason and last year was a nightmare
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season
    23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season
    youtube (youth football Iselin Giants and look for video that's 4 mins 19sec)

They gave Sinorice Moss 4 years, they will give JJ more time...

Quote Originally Posted by yoeddy View Post
    They gave Sinorice Moss 4 years, they will give JJ more time...
    I said this in another thread....do not judge JJ on what you have seen in the few games,....I saw him at Albany and he was the star of practice...this kid is electric.......I hope we haven't given up on him ...he will catch on somewhere and we will regret it

He is not another Moss...I go to Albany every year...this kid's quickness would leave moss in the dust
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Hope he has a big game tonight.
    if he does ill will gladly eat crow tomorrow
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season
    23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season
    youtube (youth football Iselin Giants and look for video that's 4 mins 19sec)

u can't judge him based off of last year. All last years rookies had minimal time to learn the offense, no mini camps, no ota's, reduced training camp. If u want to say he scares u as a punt returner I completely agree until he proves otherwise.

he has legit take it to the house capabilities every time he touches the ball, I just hope he shows it in the Pro's SOON. That being said, no way in hell they cut a 2nd year 3rd round draft pick.

hope he does well. I cut him some slack but I dont like short WR. With todays passign game and the up for grabs kinnd of balls that are thrown often he has a huge disadvantage. Good luck to him.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I'm on board. I live 50 miles from Troy. This kid is gonna shine. The comparison to Moss comes from those who know little to nothing about Jerny. Those that have judged him by last year and his one dropped punt this preseason are just closed minded and in the dark about the potential this kid has. It's Pre season and the Giants coaches have no interest in exposing what they have in store to showcase his talents. He's in the plan! I predict if he stays healthy he will have more catches, yards and and TD's than route tree Randell who has shown good hands but no after catch threat. The few non believers in JJ who are on this board will call me foolish but they go directly to the "don't know any better file"

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    I said this in another thread....do not judge JJ on what you have seen in the few games,....I saw him at Albany and he was the star of practice...this kid is electric.......I hope we haven't given up on him ...he will catch on somewhere and we will regret it

He is not another Moss...I go to Albany every year...this kid's quickness would leave moss in the dust
    Another difference between JJ and Moss is that JJ was great in college.