+ Reply to Thread

Replacement Officials to start the season..

NFL will start season with replacement officials, that's got me worried... there's going to some blown calls in the 1st game..i just hope it wont to be too costly and end up costing the game....owners just give the officials the money and move on!!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ent-officials/

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rxc999 View Post
    NFL will start season with replacement officials, that's got me worried... there's going to some blown calls in the 1st game..i just hope it wont to be too costly and end up costing the game....owners just give the officials the money and move on!!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ent-officials/
    The league really needs to temporarily increase the number of coach challenges to 3 if this is the case, in my opinion.

These guys didn't even remember to review more than half of the plays that they were supposed to automatically review for Christ's sake. This could get ugly

Yeah, the replacement officials have been awful. Something needs to be done. I have a feeling **** is going to get real controversial this season

they should give the HCs one extra challenge per half....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

The only good thing I have seen is that the bad calls appear to against both teams......bad is bad, but at least it's not an advantage for anyone.

After they throw a flag they look like deer in the headlights, like they don't even know why they threw the flag in the first place.

Banned
    If I would have known the NFL was hiring refs with HS football experience, I would've applied myself.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by manning to shockey View Post
    After they throw a flag they look like deer in the headlights, like they don't even know why they threw the flag in the first place.
    ^ This.

Missing calls is one thing, but I think it's pretty obvious that a lot of these guys don't even know when they are supposed to call something, even when they see it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    If I would have known the NFL was hiring refs with HS football experience, I would've applied myself.
    It was actually 'glorified High School' experience, if you remember correctly. So technically I think you are over qualified.

"Whatever that means".
    Last edited by njg85m; 08-29-2012 at 04:56 PM.