+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Article: Can the New York Giants repeat as Super Bowl Champs?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...content_stream

Can someone please decipher Bucky Brooks brilliant analysis?

Only injuries and complacency can keep the Giants from making another run at a Super Bowl with a talent-laden roster that is the envy of others. The Giants havenít handled success well in the past, so itís hard to imagine them defending their crown in 2012.
    Prediction: 9-7, second in NFC East

Brilliant. That was a good analysis actually.

What I meant to say...
    ​That was a good analysis

Yes we can!!!

I agree with that due to the brutal schedule. If we can get some breaks in a few of those games we can steal 2 and have 11 wins and another NFCE title
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Brilliant. That was a good analysis actually.

What I meant to say...
    ​That was a good analysis
    I think it's pretty spot on, actually. We do have a tendency to not handle success well, so there is always that worry. But, like he said, the only thing that will stop a run by us are injuries and if we rest on our laurels. Realistically, I see us going 10-6 or 11-5, so he's not that far off on our win tally.

I personally liked it. The NFCE division leader tends to change hands quite often so I can see Brooks and Wyches' line of thinking. The only thing I strongly disagree with is having JPP as the "In the spotlight" player. I would change that to "Whoever lines up opposite of Webster at CB" because if that player doesn't rise to the occasion, opposing offenses are going to have themselves a nice weak spot to work with.

Veteran
    His entire statement was contradictory to be honest. He said that we are deep and should not have trouble getting back there but then said the only thing to keep us from getting there is being complacent. Then follows it up by saying we won't make it and will go 9-7. All he had to say was the giants don't handle being the top dog well. It was just a bizarre way to analyze it. Everyone else made a lot more sense IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    His entire statement was contradictory to be honest. He said that we are deep and should not have trouble getting back there but then said the only thing to keep us from getting there is being complacent. Then follows it up by saying we won't make it and will go 9-7. All he had to say was the giants don't handle being the top dog well. It was just a bizarre way to analyze it. Everyone else made a lot more sense IMO.
    He said nothing contradictory. He said only injuries or complacency will prevent us from defending the title, then sited our history of complacency when we have been successful. Essentially, he's saying he thinks we'll get complacent.

I fail to see how he contradicted himself.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...content_stream

Can someone please decipher Bucky Brooks brilliant analysis?
    What I dont get is after the last Super Bowl the Giants went 11-1 before Burress shot himself. That seems to be totally forgotten by everyone thats not a Giant fan. They were clearly the best team in the NFL and beat all 4 teams that played in the Championship games. They simply got physically and mentally worn down by the end of the season.Robbins ,Tuck and Kiwi got banged up and they just didnt have enough in the tank to get over the line.

if you guys think this article is good you should check out greg rosenthals qb power ranking...when see where eli is rated you gotta wonder how nfl.com editors allow that crap to be posted