+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

TAKE THE STAR OFF THE MOUNTAIN!!!!!! TC Locker room, I love it!!

Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray Handjob. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Re: TAKE THE STAR OFF THE MOUNTAIN!!!!!! TC Locker room, I love it!!

A great speech!!!

[quote user="BigBlueOnes"]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-locker-room-mvps/09000d5d824fbc8b/Giants-locker-room-speech[/quote]

CLASSIC....LOVE IT ....keep em goin TC!!!!!

Yeah that was great. You can tell the players appreciate it when Tom says "I'll see you...WEDNESDAY". Tough to balance the work/rest aspect of the team especially when you have games you CANNOT lose in the coming weeks.

Sad that Tom cannot fix these late season collapses. There's so much right with the way he runs the team.

But again it's like Joe Torre, he just can't identify or fix the fatal problem.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Sad that Tom cannot fix these late season collapses. There's so much right with the way he runs the team.

[/quote]

Let's wait and see if there is an actual collapse, as opposed to losing to some very, very good teams (Philly's record notwithstanding). Outside of the egg we laid in NO, we've been in every single game we've lost this season.

Will you still consider it a collapse if we go on to run the table, win the division, and possibly win a playoff game?

Considering all the injuries and changes we've suffered through this season, I'd call that going beyond reasonable expectations for this team.

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Sad that Tom cannot fix these late season collapses.* There's so much right with the way he runs the team.

[/quote]I think he is just not the kind of person to point the finger at his coaches. I bet he knows the problem but is hoping his coaches will "read and react" and Perry Fool can't do that any better than the players on this team and hence, our defense sucks...unfortunately it will be to Tom's undoing that he doesn't fire Fewell

[quote user="Drez"]

Will you still consider it a collapse if we go on to run the table, win the division, and possibly win a playoff game?[/quote]

I consider it a collapse if the 2nd half is .500 or worse (which is already set in stone). And it's cemented with a first round playoff loss should they find their way in.

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="Drez"]

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Sad that Tom cannot fix these late season collapses. There's so much right with the way he runs the team.

[/quote]

Let's wait and see if there is an actual collapse, as opposed to losing to some very, very good teams (Philly's record notwithstanding). Outside of the egg we laid in NO, we've been in every single game we've lost this season.

Will you still consider it a collapse if we go on to run the table, win the division, and possibly win a playoff game?

Considering all the injuries and changes we've suffered through this season, I'd call that going beyond reasonable expectations for this team.

[/quote]

I will have to agree that you are correct. I would go a little further and say it was BEYOND reasonable expectations for our team if we win out and win a playoff game.

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="hungrrrry"]I think he is just not the kind of person to point the finger at his coaches. I bet he knows the problem but is hoping his coaches will "read and react" and Perry Fool can't do that any better than the players on this team and hence, our defense sucks...unfortunately it will be to Tom's undoing that he doesn't fire Fewell[/quote]

There's evidence to back up what you say (look how loyal he was to Huffnagel and Lewis early on). But in the end if it's them and he can't whip them into shape, it's still his failure.

The other thing is we've had these collapses throughout his tenure (7 of 8 years) with different coordinators and different players.