+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I Like Bob Papa! He is the best announcer I've heard!

First, his voice is pleasant, no stupid accents or drawl. His voice is smooth and he is very knowledgable and it's not forced, just flows naturally.

I don't know about you, but to me, the anouncer is part of the game experience and a sucky anouncer ruins a good game for me.

I appreciate Papa, and I'm not sure if he gets any credit, but I just want to thank him for how he contributes to the game and the team.
    MANNING TO CRUZ....

+1.........he did a few TV games too I believe last year. He is a good play by play guy
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Manning back to throw

Manning back to throw

Manning back to throw

Manning back to throw

Manning back to throw

Manning back to throw

Yeah....Papa's the ****!!

"Roy Williams falls down....but he's going to the Pro Bowl"
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Bob Papa Is the man. I like his enthusiasum, he is a great play by play announcer.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

I think he is awful actually. He brings very little in terms of football knowledge. This was the exchange between him and Banks last night.

Papa " Carl Hoyer has developed in the Patriots system" Banks " Yes he is a very good thrower of the Football" Seriously a HS kid could bring more then that. First off its Brian Hoyer and then Banks saying a QB is a good thrower of the Football seriously bro thats the best U got.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I think he is awful actually. He brings very little in terms of football knowledge. This was the exchange between him and Banks last night.

Papa " Carl Hoyer has developed in the Patriots system" Banks " Yes he is a very good thrower of the Football" Seriously a HS kid could bring more then that. First off its Brian Hoyer and then Banks saying a QB is a good thrower of the Football seriously bro thats the best U got.
    disagree. Papa is one of the good ones......
    you are taking one sentence and casting judgement on his covering of games for years???
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

i like papa
    FUTURE NFL STAR

I agree I love when papa announces the games, and I think he and CB have great chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by NJBLUE View Post
    First, his voice is pleasant, no stupid accents or drawl. His voice is smooth and he is very knowledgable and it's not forced, just flows naturally.
    I might be in the EXTREME minority, but I tend to like folks like Joe Buck and Al Michaels. Yeah Buck and Michaels could take a few lessons in displaying emotion, but both convey the information quickly in a clear and concise manner. For example, if you watch JPP's field goal block in dallas last season with Michaels' commentary, he identifies JPP as the blocker after 6 seconds. Takes Papa almost 20-30 to do so... Don't get me wrong, I think Papa is one of the best radio guys for any team, but I'd still go with the TV broadcasters most of the time.

On the other hand, absolutely HATE Collinsworth, one of the most biased color commentators today. Understandable that many would take the radio commentary over having him around. If we could find Al Michaels a better color commentator, it would be really nice for NBC.

One of my favorite crews though, and definitely underrated in broadcasting, is the Kenny Albert/Daryl Johnston/Tony Siragusa group. They did the games against the Jets, Cardinals, and the one in Philly last year. Too bad they're essentially 2nd string commentators behind Buck and Aikman, because they're just as good, if not better...