+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38

    Ojomo to dt? Why not?

    First of all i hope Ojomo makes the team, 2nd the kid probably could play defensive tackle or you could put him in tucks spot and put tuck at dt, it wont really ruin rotation but why not JT played dt quite a bit last year they always switch it up, why not do that? this kid better make the team.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Posts
    1,151
    Ojomo played DT at the U as well. He knows the position but is better suited on the outside. If a DE is getting moved to DT at all it would be Tuck

  3. #3
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    75
    Why? He will get plenty of reps at end so why not play to his strengths?

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianK01 View Post
    Why? He will get plenty of reps at end so why not play to his strengths?
    bro they have osi at the end, and i know he will but im just saying since we have DT problems why not start him their?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmooth22 View Post
    bro they have osi at the end, and i know he will but im just saying since we have DT problems why not start him their?
    positions are not interchangable like that.

    We have some guys who can lay DT in the nascar package(Tuck/ JPP) but that is only used on passing downs. What do you know about Ojomo's gap control? How about his ability to take on double teams? How is he at the point of attack These are some of the most important attributes for a Dt and his being able to pressure the QB from DE doesnt say anything about these attributes.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38
    thats why im saying put tuck at DT.

  7. #7
    Veteran Rat_bastich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    2,616
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    positions are not interchangable like that.

    We have some guys who can lay DT in the nascar package(Tuck/ JPP) but that is only used on passing downs. What do you know about Ojomo's gap control? How about his ability to take on double teams? How is he at the point of attack These are some of the most important attributes for a Dt and his being able to pressure the QB from DE doesnt say anything about these attributes.
    Exactly! You would be taking from his strength. Defensive Tackles are supposed to suck up blocks and push the offensive line back and crush the pocket from the front to prevent lanes for running or passing while the ends swoop around. Ojomo is the athletic end who has the speed to get to the quarterback with as little interference from an Offensive Lineman or Tight-End as possible. Defensive Tackles are not sack machines and Ojomo would miss out.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmooth22 View Post
    thats why im saying put tuck at DT.
    Do I need to refer you to THE TITLE OF YOUR THREAD.....

    "OJOMO to DT? Why Not?"

  9. #9


    making


  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post


    making


    I am finding good humor in this forums tonight. Ty for that

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts