+ Reply to Thread

Question Embedding Tweets In The Forum

Hey, I was wondering if anyone here knew a way to embed tweets into post instead of copying the text and pasting it. I swear I have seen a few people do it on here before.

When I say "embed" I mean have the tweet itself in the post like you can do with images or videos.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
    Here is an example... This is a random tweet I found on google images, so I am using the IMG code (That code does not work on tweets you see on twitter for some reason)

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
    I think it looks better having it look like that instead of having the text itself pasted into a post
    Example

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN 10h10 hours ago
    To clarify: The current plan is for the Giants to interview Jackson Thursday morning in NY/NJ after John Mara returns from owners meetings.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

Twitter has become a "source" where news is broken there before articles on NFL.com, ESPN, etc.. I think it would be much easier for people to read the tweets if they were able to be embedded instead of reading the clumped together text from the tweet itself. I also think it looks a million times better too.

If anyone could help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it. I suppose you could screenshot the tweet itself and then use the IMG code to embed it, but there has to be an easier way to do it.

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    __________________________________________________ ______
    2nd-6th round Mock (4/29) *1st round pick Eli Apple*
    2) M. Jack LB UCLA 3) G. Hawkins OT LSU 4) B. Kaufusi DE BYU
    5) M. Thomas WR Southern Miss 6) D. Hall FS Northern Iowa
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

on the tweet you want, click the "..." button to get the embed code.... copy and paste embed code into your post..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">First round of votes completed. Rams/TBD in Inglewood gets more votes than Raiders/Chargers in Carson. Nobody at required 24 yet.</p>&mdash; Sam Farmer (@LATimesfarmer) <a href="https://twitter.com/LATimesfarmer/status/687036947986952192">January 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Last edited by Gee718; 01-12-2016 at 07:29 PM.
    Next NYG QB: Chad Kelly (Ole Miss)

Quote my post and see what I did

Hey Mods....HTML is turned off in this section...

lol

So you don't have to put anything around that like [img] picture URL [/img] or URL for the video (obviously, with no spaces)?

I tried doing something similar to that and it wasn't working for some reason... Is something disabled for some reason?

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    2nd-6th round Mock (4/29) *1st round pick Eli Apple*
    2) M. Jack LB UCLA 3) G. Hawkins OT LSU 4) B. Kaufusi DE BYU
    5) M. Thomas WR Southern Miss 6) D. Hall FS Northern Iowa
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team