+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    90

    Unhappy Weakness= offensive line

    our offensive line straight up looks abysmal. david deihl looks washed up and done, will beaty has never played good in my eyes and he is injured, i think even if beaty is healthy locklear should be the starter. it just doesnt look good, petrus looked great in the playoffs last year, what happened? snee is always good, and baas is just reallly slow and he is horrible on pickin up blitz's. this oline looks below average, or even poor

  2. #2
    The backups or starters? Not sure if you've been watching the same games as me, but it looks like our O line is giving eli a lot of time to pass.

  3. #3
    Ty for the amazing insight lol, we know this it sucks but every team has weaknesses we just have ours in the worst spot.

  4. #4
    How is the "starting" o line playing bad? That backups are playing out right garbage. No one will deny that, but how are the starting group playing bad?

  5. #5
    Veteran Rat_bastich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    2,731
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew22 View Post
    our offensive line straight up looks abysmal. david deihl looks washed up and done, will beaty has never played good in my eyes and he is injured, i think even if beaty is healthy locklear should be the starter. it just doesnt look good, petrus looked great in the playoffs last year, what happened? snee is always good, and baas is just reallly slow and he is horrible on pickin up blitz's. this oline looks below average, or even poor
    I was just reading over most underated and overrated players on MSN.com and they have Diehl as one of the most underrated. I agree with everyone that he has done alot for the organization and has, like Kiwanuka, done what the organization has asked of him...but I would not call him underrated. They had alot of other questionable players up there as well you would've thought Bayless was moonlighting over there.

    I am getting the feeling that Diehl may get the O'Hara/McKenzie treatment next season. I wonder if McKenzie is still available and in semi-football shape? I know he is a tackle but hell anything is good right now.

  6. #6
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    9,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    How is the "starting" o line playing bad? That backups are playing out right garbage. No one will deny that, but how are the starting group playing bad?
    For the first quarter it was basically the starters with the exception of Petrus. Diehl, Baas, Boothe and Locklear who are the projected starters against the Cowboys did look like crap today.

    But I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they maybe were just trying to come out of this game injury free and unscathed.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew22 View Post
    our offensive line straight up looks abysmal. david deihl looks washed up and done, will beaty has never played good in my eyes and he is injured, i think even if beaty is healthy locklear should be the starter. it just doesnt look good, petrus looked great in the playoffs last year, what happened? snee is always good, and baas is just reallly slow and he is horrible on pickin up blitz's. this oline looks below average, or even poor
    Pretty sure Petrus didn't see a single snap in the playoffs last year.

  8. #8
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    20,835
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew22 View Post
    our offensive line straight up looks abysmal. david deihl looks washed up and done, will beaty has never played good in my eyes and he is injured, i think even if beaty is healthy locklear should be the starter. it just doesnt look good, petrus looked great in the playoffs last year, what happened? snee is always good, and baas is just reallly slow and he is horrible on pickin up blitz's. this oline looks below average, or even poor
    ...........and this just dawned on you?
    No one remembers who came in second.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    For the first quarter it was basically the starters with the exception of Petrus. Diehl, Baas, Boothe and Locklear who are the projected starters against the Cowboys did look like crap today.

    But I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they maybe were just trying to come out of this game injury free and unscathed.
    what did they do wrong? i remember eli having a really good pocket. the only time he got sacked was because of petrus. (a backup)

  10. #10
    personally I don't see any way we can fix this O line for this season other than just more playing time together and hope for the best. I have been saying this for 2 years now and still wonder why Reese made no attempt to do anything meaningful to fix this line..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts